Our 2019 Top Mattress Picks
I am not a believer that one mattress is perfect for everyone. There is much more to consider, including, weight, sleeping position, sleeping temperature, sleeping alone or with a partner and much much more! Each of the companies below have made a mattress that impressed us in many aspects. For our favorites we look at quality of the build, changeability, the company, overall feel and more. Keep in mind this is our personal opinion so take into consideration how you sleep and what your personal needs are.
Natural/Organic Mattress Reviews
Store Brands Mattress Reviews
Mattresses Under $600
Mattress Testing Procedure
As a store mattress owner, I know how much “fun” mattress shopping can be. From driving all around town stopping in store after store to be harassed in some cases by sales people to pouring through page after page online. It’s hard to know what is good or what is bad quality. Some mattresses look nice but are not built well. Some are built well but priced way too high. When we created Real Mattress Reviews we wanted to be able to help you with this process of weeding out the bad and discovering the good brands. To do this we look at several factors during our review process before we give a mattress a rating.
We sleep on each mattress for at least a week. I use my expertise in the mattress industry to report on the quality of the materials, build, adjustable base performance and the company. We then, do “HIS” and “HER” team report on comfort, motion transfer, temperature, support, and many other parameters. We do this together to provide you with two different opinions, body weights, and sleeping positions. A true comprehensive mattress reviews.
- Durability & Materials – This criteria is obvious. You want to find a mattress that uses good quality foams, coils and other components to ensure your mattress lasts. You want to get your money’s worth!
- Comfort & Feel – This is another obvious criteria. Comfort and feel is to a point a personal criteria, but we judge on if a mattress will be liked universally by most people or if they offer several firmness options. We also give our personal opinion on how it performed for us as a 200lbs male and 120lb female.
- Price – This is important for most people. There are some brands that simply are overpriced for what you are getting. We want to make sure you are getting the best quality for the money.
- Cooling – Many people tend to sleep hot. For those of you that do we want to make sure we report on how each mattress performs in this important area.
- Motion Transfer – This is important for couples. You don’t want to feel your partner adjusting positions or feel them getting into or out of bed.
- Edge Support – We report on this because you want to be able to use the entire sleeping surface for sleeping (especially on a full or queen with 2 people) without getting a “roll off the bed” feeling.
- Off Gassing – We find some people are really worried about this. Every single mattress we have reviewed has a smell, even “natural” mattresses. I do not put a ton of emphasis on this since any smell generally dissipates in a day or two.
- Warranty & Trial – We love a company that has a strong warranty and trial. This ensures if you have any issues with the mattress falling apart or sagging badly that you have them behind you to take care of the issue. Trials are big with the online market since you cannot try them 1st in most cases. Most of the online brands give you plenty of time to test their mattress out.
- Overall Rating – Finally we take in account everything and provide a mattress rating and our personal opinion on how we liked it.