Luxi Bed Review
Luxi has taken the direct to consumer model made popular by a new wave of Internet retailers, and improved on it by totally re-imagining their client’s sleep needs and preferences. It is the only mattress that comes compressed in a box for home delivery that can also be split down the middle and flipped, allowing the consumer to adjust for comfort, separately, on each side of the mattress. The Luxi allows nine possible mattress configurations to satisfy individuals and their sleep partners without either having to compromise. Luxi is constructed from high quality materials with next generation materials and technologies, sold at about the same price as the most recognized first generation of bed-in-a-box brands. Luxi also offers a 1,000-night trial period as part of their pledge of sleep satisfaction to their customers.
You Will Like Luxi Mattress if You:
- Value having adjust-ability at home – Luxi removes some of the worry with buying online and some of the worry with not knowing what firmness is right for you. You are able to change it from firm, medium to soft. Additionally, if you and your partner like something different you can order it split.
- Like to sleep cool – Foam mattresses can sleep warm. However, the design of the Luxi with latex on top and gel memory foam on bottom helps it disperse heat efficiently. The columns and aerated foams allow for great airflow.
- You want a good value – Luxi is a good value when you look at all it offers. Other mattresses that can adjust (airbeds like Sleep Number) are typically much more money.
- Sleep in multiple positions – This mattress adjusts to however you like to sleep.
- Are a heavier sleeper – The fact that you can adjust the firmness of Luxi it makes it a great choice for all body weights. It also had no issues with bottoming out.
- Like the combo of bounce and body conformance – With the latex layer on top Luxi maintains good bounce which makes it easier to adjust positions and not feel stuck.
- Trial is important – Luxi offers a 1000 night trial so you’ll have plenty of time to decide if its right for you.
You Might Not Like the Luxi Mattress if You:
- Do a lot of activities sitting on the edge of the bed – Sitting on the edge the mattress sinks down about average for a foam bed. If a very sturdy sitting edge is important to you you may want to consider something with foam encased edges or a border wire (coiled/spring mattress primarily). Laying on the edge was not an issue however, you still have the entire sleep surface usable. (see video for demo)
- Want a innerspring mattress – It can take time to get used to a foam mattress, if you already know you don’t like all foam mattresses you should stick with a coiled mattress. The Luxi is a comfortable mattress but it won’t probably transform you from a spring fan to a foam fan.
Brooklyn Bedding Off Gassing
- 3.5″ Support Balancing Technology – Unique Visco elastic foam pods layer designed to allow compression, pressure relief, and contour at very light weights.
- 1” Memory Foam – 4 lb. Density Visco Elastic Foam Provides added pressure relief for the sleeper. Additionally, this layer acts as a transitional layer between the layer of latex and foam pods layer.
- 1.5” Latex Foam – 4 lb. Dunlop Process, 100% Latex (20% Natural/ 80% Synthetic) ILD number 35 Designed to provide much of the cooling and comfort for the sleeper. The layer of latex is aerated, allowing the foam to breathe much easier and maintain a cooler sleeping surface.
- 3.5″ Polyurethane Foam – 2 lb. High Density Support Foam The bottom layer provides the shape of the mattress in addition to acting as the foundational support for the mattress as a whole.
Luxi Mattress Cover
The Ghostbed Cover made from 100% polyester, it is stretchy and soft to the touch. The side panel is a blend of polyester (51%) and polypropolyne (49%). This gives the side panels a sturdy feel that will help protect the mattress during setup or if you were to move it in the future
The cover is soft and plush feeling and good for cooling as it is not too thick.
Luxi Mattress Cover
The Luxi Mattress will work great on any solid surface. A wood foundation, boxspring, platform with slats, the floor or will also work great on an adjustable base.
LUXI MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
The Luxi was my favorite mattress so far. The main reason is because I like an extremely soft mattress and Ross likes a medium to medium firm. It was amazing to be able to adjust Luxi to the feel we liked after testing the others as well. It doesn’t matter what sleeping position you sleep in, the Luxi can accommodate all of them because of the adjust-ability Luxi offers. To me Luxi is a top choice for anyone looking for a great night of sleep.
1 Very Soft
10 Very Firm
The columns within Luxi is a unique way to remove heat from the mattress , it allows above average airflow for a foam mattress. In addition on the medium side it has aerated latex. Latex does not trap heat compared to memory foam and it is also aerated to help circulate air more efficiently. It is normal to feel some warmth on even the best mattress as they are not air conditioned and our bodies are warm, but it should not feel like a heat pad. I never experienced any excessive heat in those instances where I left the mattress mid night.
Adjustable Base Performance:
Luxi being an all foam mattress will work great on an adjustable base.
Luxi Mattress Price:
Take $200 Off Any Size With Our Link.
Save $200 off with the link below & promo code MI200
Luxi Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 1000 nights
- Discounts – Use our link above Save $200 off with the link below & promo code MI200
- Made in the USA
Luxi Mattress Company Info
Luxi Manufactures Their Own Product.
- This insures consistency in the quality of the raw materials and of the products they build and it allows them to address any production issue immediately. They also have the physical means to provide customization for special needs and, of course, there is truly no “middle man” so they can deliver the best in class materials for the best price.
- David Farley has been granted 27 patents on the anatomic uses of foam over the years. Many of these designs can be adapted into the Luxi Mattress.
Luxi has partnered with Team AmVets and currently donates 1% of sales to returning military vets and their families.
Overall, Luxi is one of my top online picks for anyone considering buying online. Each mattress feel was very different and I can almost guarantee you will like one of the firmness’s. I especially recommend it for couples who like a different firmness from each other. I see it every day in my store and one person ends up settling. You won’t need to do that with Luxi. We liked Luxi so much that it will be going on my show floor at my store. There have been other brands I would floor as well but not many who manufacture their own product, making that possible.
Use Our Link Below & Code RMREVIEWS20 for 20% Offav
Save $200 off with the link below & promo code MI200