Dreamcloud Mattress Review
- 15” Thickness in a rolled-compressed mattresses that ships to your door
- Luxury cashmere blend top fabric
- 5 zone pocketed coil support system
- Elite craftsmanship with small batch production, extreme attention to detail
Aside from the hand-tufted stitched handles, a few highlights of this mattress includes flax yarns, cashmere, and it has a 365 night trial period in case you decide to return it, and of course, a reasonable price to boot.
Designed for Comfort
DreamCloud has been engineered with 8 distinct layers of handcrafted super premium materials to envelop the dreamer in a plush, pressure free, and dream-filled sleep.
You Will Like the Dreamcloud if You:
- Seeking a more luxurious mattress without breaking the bank: The DreamCloud is a much more firm mattress compared to the 10″ beds you can find and purchase online for a reasonable price. Spend your money wisely and buy a real luxury mattress. Some companies say things like “in store this would cost $3000”, well that’s actually true with the DreamCloud as it’s a well-built luxury mattress.
- Are after the hybrid or more traditional mattress feel: The design of this mattress has an authentic traditional feel which utilizes a pocketed coil unit and a nice quilt on top. Thus, it’s a good combo of foam and mattress feel.
- Want a good combo of bounce, and pressure relief: Want a good combo of bounce and pressure relief. The pairing of memory foam, latex, and the pocketed coils gives you good pressure relief with the memory foam with an added bounce. It has a right balance of firmness and softness.
- Want a mattress that sleeps cool: The DreamCloud had no issues at all with overheating. Being that it uses latex and gel-infused memory foam it does not trap heat much at all. Additionally, since you do not sink super far into the mattress, more of your body is exposed to the air vs being engulfed by the mattress.
- Want to pay a fair price for a high-end mattress: Some brands compromise quality and focus more on price. But it’s not the case with DreamCloud. It makes quality mattresses with fair and relevant pricing. You get more of what you paid for. It’s a real luxury mattress with a reasonable price.
- Are a combination sleeper: This mattress works well with different sleeping positions and the firmness appeal to most people.
You Might Not Like the This Mattress if You:
- Do not want a thick mattress: Although you will not have to worry about the sheets, you’ll have to look somewhere else if you like a thinner mattress as it is about 15″ thick.
- Want an all foam feel: The DreamCloud Mattress renders a more traditional feel than an all-foam mattress will. It also has more bounce. Hence, if you prefer all types of all foam, it will not change your mind.
- Want something uber soft: Although this mattress is not firm, it’s not super soft either. It’s a balance of both.
Dreamcloud Delivery & Set Up
Delivery of the DreamCloud mattress is FREE! It is compressed and roll-packed into a cardboard box before being delivered straight to your doorstep. It usually takes 8-10 business days from the time you buy until the bed arrives (but it could be sooner, depending upon your location).
Once you receive the mattress we recommend bringing it to the room you want it in before opening it. After it is in the desired room remove it from the box using scissors to cut the plastic – but be very careful not to damage the fabric of the bed when you do so. Once the plastic is cut free you can watch your bed expand! It will be fully expanded within 24 hours or so, but you will be able to sleep on it before then.
DreamCloud take the delivery service one step further with their White Glove delivery service. They state on their website that they will hand deliver the mattress to your desired room and set it up for you. They will also clear up all the packaging, and even remove your old mattress so you don’t have to.
With their free delivery and commitment to doing the heavy lifting for their customers, the DreamCloud gets full marks in this section.
Dreamcloud Mattress Off Gassing
Dreamcloud Mattress Construction
- The DreamCloud mattress is already impressive enough with its whopping 15 inches tall profile, that of which is exceptional for a mattress. Its eight-layer construction comprises of wrapped coil components and foam, which seamlessly to provide the sleeper with a comfortable pressure relief and firm innerspring lift.
- 2″ Top Comfort Layer This layer is 2″ of TrueTufted cashmere top cover that provides comfort and the luxurious aesthetic to the mattress. The DreamCloud is hand tufted which is something that you usually find in mattresses costing 3 or 4 times more.
- .5″ Cooling Layer This layer is .5″ of Gel Infused Memory Foam that provides a cooling effect to the top layers of the mattress.
- 1.75″ Comfort Layer This 1.75″ layer of soft Quilted Memory Foam designed to provide pressure relief and comfort.
- .5″ Response Layer This layer is .5″ of natural hypoallergenic latex designed to provide bounce and contour.
- .25″ Support Layer This .25″ layer of DreamPlush supportive memory foam that provides additional body contouring.
- .5″ Transition Layer
This layer .5″ of DreamPlush is a high-density supportive memory foam that works to provide a transition layer between the upper comfort layers and the lower coil support layer.
- 8″ Support Layer This layer is an 8″ high-quality steel pocketed innerspring coils with 5-zone layers that provide exceptional support to the body. It has a varying stiffness that depends on the zone which gives you the support where it is needed most.
- 1.5″ Base Foundation Layer This layer is a final 1.5″ of high density extremely soft memory foam that provides the foundation layer of the mattress with deep compression support.
Dreamcloud Mattress Cover
DreamCloud’s cashmere cover is breathable, soft and is tufted into the other layers to prevent bunching.
The manufacturing of DreamCloud mattress can be considered as artisanal. Artisan stitchers hand-anchor a EuroTop to dense foam base by using authentic double tufts, a stitch that gives unmatched craftsmanship and lasting durability.
In case you don’t know, double tufting is a distinct process of affixing the mattress layers from top to bottom to create a unique mattress with both soft and firm feel. Apart from its first-rate composition, the cover is made more explicit with its golden hue and plush hand tufting.
Dreamcloud Comfort and Feel
The DreamCloud aims as high as the clouds in its name, with 8 layers of premium bedding materials that combine to produce a weightless, serene sleep.
The pocketed coil base is quiet enough to make you forget it’s there, but when you lay down on the mattress you will definitely feel the benefit it provides. The springs provide a support base for the multi-layered memory foam on top, allowing for better pressure-relief than purely memory-foam mattresses.
The coils are contained in 5 zones throughout the mattress, which means the right part of the mattress responds at the right moment, without bending and warping the entire surface. This can be felt the moment you sit on the mattress – it takes your weight comfortably without creating a giant sink-hole that makes everything roll towards you.
DreamCloud advertise the mattress as a 6.5 on the firmness scale, which they describe as the sweet spot between too soft and too firm. This matches with the horde of online reviewers who praise the mattress’s ability to ‘hug you’, while still being firm enough to provide good back and muscle support.
The first thing you’ll notice about the mattress is the tufted surface which actually resembles a network of little clouds. The ‘clouds’ on the surface are made out of a highly breathable, super-soft cashmere, and you will still feel the benefit of these even of you decide to use a mattress-protector.
The DreamCloud can be used with any base, or no base. It can be used on the floor, on a slatted bed, and even on adjustable beds.
Overall, the DreamCloud delivers a level of comfort in line with its luxury reputation and premium price.
DREAMCLOUD MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
The DreamCloud is one of the most awe inspiring bed in a box options I have reviewed so far. At 15″ thick it’s surprising they find a way to roll pack it and sip it in a box and still use quality materials.
DreamClouds sheer thickness and quality invokes luxury & for not much more than and less than many of their competitors.
The DreamCloud Mattress impressed me for the following reasons.
- A.) The overall build and quality was above average. How much mattress is there is amazing and the fact that fits in a box is crazy!
- B.) The top comfort layers really didn’t get hot and it had a great feel that should work for the majority of people in terms of firmness level.
- C.) It worked well in all sleeping positions.
- D.) It has been one of my favorite hybrid mattresses thus far. This is going into the top picks list for sure.
- E.) The handles make it easy to spin and move around. I recommend doing this very few months.
- F.) Lifetime warranty & 365 Night trial give you some peace of mind and is pretty much unheard of in the industry. This is a massive perk.
Overall the DreamCloud is built extremely well for the price. It is a high end mattress with a fair price. Additionally, it should work well for the majority of sleepers put there in terms of comfort and firmness level.
I think this is also a great option for heavier sleepers too since its built very well and thick.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Dreamcloud Mattress Price After Discount
Save $200 Now With Our Link
Dreamcloud Mattress Warranty and More
When it comes to trials and warranty DreamCloud offer some pretty top of the range deals. They try to advertise themselves as luxurious suppliers for affordable prices – and they live up to their reputation. When you buy this mattress you receive a full 365 day no-risk trial, meaning you can keep the bed for the whole year round before you buy it, if you so choose. This safety period means you can lie on the thing for a whole year just to see if it is right for you, and you can’t really argue with that.
Secondly, the DreamCloud team offer a lifetime guarantee on this product, meaning that for as long as you own it, it’s covered. They call it the “Everlong” guarantee, and if anything happens to your mattress they will replace it. Companies that offer this kind of warranty show a high level of confidence in their product, and it hints that these mattresses were built to last.
Not only will they replace it, they’re confident that the mattress will not fail to support you from the first sleep to the last sleep. The Everlong guarantee is actually one of the best in the business because actually, there’s not much more you can expect than a lifetime guarantee…
Thirdly they offer a free one-time conditioning service after a year of ownership, where they will come out and clean the mattress for you professionally. This service remains available thereafter but you will need to pay for future cleanings.
With all the perks of buying this mattress we felt it only fair to give it a high score.
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. Typically 2-7 business days.
- Warranty – Lifetime Year
- Trial Period – 365 nights
- Discounts –$200 OFF
Dreamcloud Bed Company Info
After everything we’ve just uncovered about the DreamCloud, how can the final word be anything but positive?
A Queen-size DreamCloud is currently $1,399 on the company’s website – that’s with $200 off on their current sale. At an RRP of $1,599 for a queen-size mattress, the DreamCloud is certainly in the premium range of the mattress market.
DreamCloud currently offers a 6-month pricing plan on their website, so you don’t necessarily need to pay for the mattress all in one go.
Overall, the high-end price of the DreamCloud is probably justified, and at its current price it could even be considered competitive when compared to other high-end mattresses. The DreamCloud gives you what you pay for.
We give the DreamCloud 4 out of 5 for overall value.
We recommend this mattress if you:
Want a premium mattress that will last a long time.
Want to try before you buy with a 365-day trial.
Like the idea of a lifetime ‘Everlong’ warranty.
Desire the best in comfort and are willing to pay for it.
Want to sleep on top of quilted, hand-tufted cashmere.
Need a mattress that fights heat build-up and regulates temperature effectively.
Want one of the best hybrids on the market.
Overall, this is a premium product with a price that reflects it. But with a 6-month financing option, a $200 discount, a 365-day free trial, and a free lifetime warranty, the DreamCloud mattress is a premium piece of bedding that we don’t just need to dream about.