Introducing the Nolah Mattress. Nolah is a 10″ mattress consisting of a proprietary top foam layer that has fantastic pressure relief and cooling. Under the top layer there is a layer of Aveena foam that is similar to latex to give the mattress some bounce as well as body conformance. With a 120 day trial and 15 year warranty Nolah is worth a look. Read our review or watch our review video to learn more. Some of my mattresses in my store use the same kind of foam Nolah uses. In fact my best selling hybrid uses it. It has a great feel people just seem to really like. You get excellent pressure relief and support like memory foam but with a faster response time and less of a stuck feeling.
Another unique quality about Nolah is their advocacy for wildlife. They are so dedicated to this cause that they have partnered with Defenders of Wildlife. With every mattress purchase a portion is donated to adopt and save an animal on your behalf. They even send you an adoption letter and information on the animal you saved in the process. Talk about another reason to sleep even better!
A Note From Nolah
It’s Not Memory Foam — It’s Better
The Nolah mattress is an irresistible combination of soft and firm. Because it’s made without the heat-trapping viscoelastic chemicals used in Memory Foam, Nolah sleeps cooler, provides better pressure relief and is much more durable than even the best Memory Foam and Latex mattresses.
You Will Like the Nolah Mattress if You:
- Are looking for a mattress with great pressure relief – The Nolah foam layer has great pressure relief when you compare it to high end memory foam that doesn’t have as much give. The foam also has very good airflow to help maintain a cooler temperature.
- Like memory foam feel but with less of a “stuck” feeling – Some of my mattresses in my store use the same kind of foam Nolah uses. In fact my best selling hybrid uses it. It has a great feel people just seem to really like. You get excellent pressure relief and support like memory foam but with a faster response time and less of a stuck feeling.
- Are side sleeper – The Nolah is a bit softer then some of the brands we’ve tested. So if you are a side sleeper it will work great for you. We liked it in all positions as far as support goes, but especially on our side.
- Sleep hot. – The Nolah foam and Aveena foam layer underneith pair up nicely to help disperse heat and maintain good airflow. Nolah slept cool and I never experienced any excessive heat or sweating. You can hear the air woosh throught he Nolah foam when you push quickly on it, the airflow is very good.
- Will be using an adjustable base. – If you own or plan to buy an adjusable base at some point the Nolah performs well on the base. (See our video below) It bends easily and lays back to the flat position once you are finished inclining.
You Might Not Like Nolah Mattress if You:
- Want a tall extra thick mattress set – Although Nolahdoes not bottom out it is not going to be super thick and tall like some mattresses you will find online and in stores like a pillowtop. You won’t have issues finding sheets to fit however.
- Are someone who prefers a coiled mattress. – If you have tested foam mattresses and don’t like them, I don’t believe the Nolah will change your mind on that preference. Foam mattresses will not have quite as much bounce as a coil mattress. The foam mattresses will have the absolute best motion isolation and very good pressure relief.
- Want a firm mattress – Your weight will dictate how firm you think something is but we feel the Nolah is a little softer than the average bed in a box but will work for most combination sleepers and for most sleeping positions for the vast majority of people out there.
Nolah Mattress Off Gassing
The first thing you will do when you get your Nolah mattress is bring it to the room you will open it in. You do not want to unroll it in another room. Once you are ready to open it you can use the cutter some brands provide, if not use a scissors and be careful not to cut the fabric.
As it starts opening it will expand quickly and you will only notice a slight “new mattress smell”. The Nolah mattress is made in the USA so it is not roll packed very long, which helps with minimize off gassing.
“Off Gassing” for me is tricky because no matter what brand you are looking at they are going to have a smell. “Natural” or Organic” mattresses often times have the strongest smell, even though people associate them with no off gassing. A smell is normal and no matter what brand you buy is going to have some kind of new smell.
In most cases the smell will be gone within 12-36 hours or very faint. I always recommend using a mattress protector so once the mattress airs out use a protector and sheets and at that point you should not experience much smell at all.
Nolah Mattress Motion Transfer
This mattress is an all foam mattress and like any all foam mattress it should have minimal motion transfer. They do use a layer of Avena foam which will be slightly more responsive, however it is below the Nolah foam that is more which is similar to a memory foam that will soften motion. This mattress also has a dense base foam that will also help eliminate any movement.
You should feel very little motion transfer on this bed. The Nolah will make a great mattress for anyone who shares a bed, even for a light sleeper, because of its ability to effectively isolate motion.
Nolah Mattress Construction
Cooling Nolah Airfoam™
Supportive High-resilience Foam
1″ support layer that’s stronger and more durable than Latex. It also provides a healthy and responsive bounce to keep you sound asleep all night.
High-density Base Foam
7″ of the best U.S. made high-density base layer foam we could find. It’s more durable than most foams and guaranteed to last for years to come.
Natural Viscose Cover
The ultra-soft and luxurious Viscose cover wicks away moisture and keeps you cool and dry all night for the most comfortable and pleasant sleep possible.
Nolah Mattress Cover
Natural Viscose Cover
Nolah uses the best yarns to make an ultra-soft and luxurious cover. It’s made from natural Viscose fibers that wick away moisture and dissipate excess body heat for a cooler sleep.
Nolah Mattress Foundation
NOLAH SIGNATURE MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
The Nolah foam gives sort of a floating feeling, it has very good pressure relief. If you are a back or side sleeper I think Nolah will work very well for you. Stomach only sleepers might want something a bit firmer. Their foam seemed to dissipate heat very well and the mattress had little to no motion transfer when one of us moved around. I sell mattresses in my store that use the same type of foam and my customers love the feel. My best selling hybrid on my floor uses the foam.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
I really liked the Nolah mattress as I like my mattress a tad softer then the medium firmness a lot of the beds we’ve tried have. Being a lighter person sometimes it can be hard for me to sink into many mattresses. The Nolah foam seemed to cradle me better then some memory foams and it felt good for pressure relief. It was also still easy to adjust positions even though it was a tad softer.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
I Dont Want to Get Out of Bed Ever. 5/5
I got my California King mattress in November but I waited to give a review until I slept on it awhile. I was having constant back pain every morning when I woke up until I got this mattress. It’s soft, comfortable, temperature controlled, and the shopping experience was excellent. I’m a side sleeper and this has reduced my back pain considerably. I also love the fact I was able to adopt an animal. I highly recommend a Nolah mattress!
By Far the Best Bed I Have Ever Owned 5/5
We spent days and days researching mattresses. We ended up buying the Nectar mattress. It arrived and we thought it was too hard. We ended up giving it around 30 days and it was not a good fit for us. It was too hard and my wife is a side sleeper and this mattress just didn’t work. We did more research and we narrowed it down to the Helix, Amerisleep and the Nolah. We ended up buying the Nolah (obviously) due to the following: 1) Ratings across the board in many ratings site 2) The CertiPUR-US 3) USA Made 4) The AirFoam top layer 5) Donation to Animal protection 6) Ratings on site We couldn’t be happier, even after the first week it made a HUGE difference. Much softer than the Nectar, nice and cool and really well made. I can crawl into bed after my wife is asleep and it doesn’t even move her at all. She doesn’t know that I sneak into bed at 1am anymore. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking for a new mattress and that wants one that is an amazing price for what you get. Love this thing….
It‘s the Softest Board I’ve Ever Slept on! 4/5
Like I said in the title, it’s the softest board I’ve spent on. And that’s no home, not only has it been super soft it has lot of support, so much so that it is as if there is a board shaped to my back, sides, or front. It did take me about a week to get use to it, main reason for it was I had to get use to the fast rising foam that constantly pushes you for the even support. But since I’ve fallen asleep faster than I was on my old mattress. I’ve been waking up easier now with less aches and sores, and I’ve been over all a lot happier person.
Ury Still Out but Think It’s a Keeper 4/5
Very good shopping experience. Easy set up. I immediately noticed how soft yet supportive the mattress is. I weigh 153lbs.I don’t sink in so it’s easy to move around on it. No heat retention. A bit of odor initially but it dissipated within a few days. I have experienced 3 online mattresses and so far this is the most comfortable.
The Nolah’s is a responsive foam with the comfort of Memory Foam and the bounce of Latex, combined into one state-of-the-art foam. This foam sleeper cooler and breathes better than traditional memory foam.
It’s packed with billions of microscopic air pockets our Nolah Air Foam™ that helps disperse heat very well.
Adjustable Base Performance:
Nolah being all foam will work great on an adjustable base. No worries here!
Nolah Mattress Price:
$125 Off With the Link Below & Promo Code Rmreviews
Nolah Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 15 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – $125 OFF WITH THE LINK BELOW & Promo Code RMREVIEWS
- Made in the USA
Nolah was launched in 2016 and they are growing very quickly across the country.
ONE NOLAH MATTRESS = ONE ADOPTED ANIMAL
NOT ONLY DO WE PROVIDE THE BEST MATTRESS FOR YOUR SLEEP AND HEALTH, WE’RE ALSO ON A MISSION TO PROTECT THE FUTURE OF OUR AMERICAN WILDLIFE. YOUR CONTRIBUTION MAKES A DIFFERENCE AND WILL HELP PROTECT WILDLIFE AND NATURAL COMMUNITIES.