Our Experience and Assessment
NectarSleep is still relatively new in the industry, entering into things within just the last few years, but they’ve managed to make quite a name for themselves even in just that short length of time.
Currently, they are known for providing mattresses of tremendously high quality while also offering an incredibly generous trial period of a year that allows you to test out the bed for yourself to see if it’s the right fit for you. NectarSleep also has a lifetime warranty on all their units, something that many companies do not provide.
They also have a helpful service that will come to your home and help you set up your mattress for a fee (and even take away your previous bed for an additional cost).
In general, this incredibly famous for its unique design that provides both comfort and support. This is in fact so sought after that sometimes the company actually sells out entirely!
This mattress is one of our top picks for a gel memory foam types when it comes to quality and value. A very well built bed which offers a 365 Day Trial and a Forever Warranty! We were impressed with the overall, feel, quality and price. Like all other bed, you can order it in a box option or for an additional $99 they will have white glove delivery service come, set it up and take the trash. For $139 they will deliver it and take your old bed!
Its build, its quilted gel is just beyond average – a Hi Core Memory foam with a transitional layer vs. only a poly foam layer. It uses a 2.2PCF vs. the industry average 1.8. From a store owners standpoint, you can expect this mattress to hold up very well.
Also, the 365-night trial and Forever Warranty are very impressive.
Feels Like Sleeping on a Cloud
We’ve taken the recent advances in mattress and fabric technology and run with them. Having figured out the optimal levels of firmness, coolness, breathability, and comfort – we put them all on one mattress, making it the best you’ve ever slept on. Period.
Nectar is designed to feel very supportive yet soft at the same time with good quality memory foam that provides excellent pressure relief.
See our full Review below.
You Will Like Nectar Lush if You:
- Want quality materials for a right price. The Nectar is one the best-made mattresses we have come across for the price. Build quality, warranty, trial period and the overall feel are above average. The overall feel and quality of the foam in the Nectar is impressive for the price. It is one of the best-made in relation to how much they price it. It’s better quality than dozens of other available options online, and the value for money is what makes it stand out than most of them.
- Area person who likes the memory foam feel. Nectar rivals the feeling of some big name brands like Tempurpedic mattresses, but you won’t pay the hefty up-charge for the brand name. There are some foam mattresses you may lay down on but didn’t feel that luxury or substantial feel. Nectar feels high end. I have beds on my show floor that feel similar but are $200-400 more, and I run a low overhead discount type store. So you are getting a lot of bang for the buck.
- Sleep hot. This mattress is made of a gel infused memory foam which helps to keep the mattress cooler than traditional memory foam. While still feeling like a gel, the copper, graphite-infused foams can even trap heat a little more than a custom poly foam or latex, that’s why you’ll have a much more relaxing feel in your sleep that the traditional memory foams. I found the Nectar to perform well in this area.
- Are interested in buying online but worried you wouldn’t like your choice. You get an entire year to try Nectar! Nectar is one of only a couple brands that offer trials beyond 120 days or so. Most people will know if their mattress is going to work within 3-4 weeks, but it’s still a nice perk to have that much time to try it out.
- Will be using an adjustable base. If you own or plan to buy an adjustable base at some point, the Nectar performs well on the base. It bends easily and lays back to the flat position once you are finished inclining. An adjustable base can add a lot of comforts and can even help with things like acid reflux and snoring.
- Value a forever warranty – Who wouldn’t!? It offers a Forever warranty. They were the first to provide this in pretty much all of the mattress industry. It’s relatively unheard of. They are confident in the quality of their products. But there’s no saying a company will be around “forever.”
You Might Not Like Nectar Lush if You:
- You prefer coiled foams and pads. If you have tested foam mattresses and didn’t like them, I don’t believe the Nectar will change your mind on that preference. A foam mattress, generally speaking, have the best pressure relief and for sure will have the best motion isolation. But some people prefer more bounce and ease of moving around which a hybrid or innerspring mattress provides more. If you are not sure, it might pay to stop in a store to feel the difference and decide what you think you will like better.
- Prefer a very soft feel. Nectar has more of a medium to medium firm feel. I like to sell mattresses that start a little firmer as they will break in and get softer over time. Nectar will do the same. Everyone is very different however in what they consider soft or firm. I sometimes get people in my store that think my softest mattress is firm and my firmest mattress is not firm enough.
With Almost 2500 Reviews and an Average of 4.8/5 Stars. Below Are Some Good Customer and a Couple of So-so Reviews.
Well Made 5/5
I needed to find an affordable, yet good quality mattress. The mattress arrived quickly. It was effortless to set up because all you have to do is unroll it and remove the plastic wrap as you roll and that’s it. This is my first memory foam mattress, and so far I prefer it to my traditional mattress.
Best of All 5/5
I’ve never bought a mattress sight unseen, but I bought this mattress based mostly on gut and reviews. And guess what? My gut was spot on. Sleeping on this mattress is what I would imagine heaven feels like. I can honestly say this is the best mattress I’ve ever owned.
Good Mattress. Shipping Needs Work 3/5
The mattress is good. Can’t complain about that. But the shipping issues when ordering are RIDICULOUS. If they tightened up their distribution, I’d have no complaints. But my shipment was pushed back 3 WEEKS from the point I ordered it.
So Far...it’s Amazing 4/5
Loving the bed. My order took a while longer than original ETA, but customer service team responded promptly after I reached out. It’s unfortunate that I was not notified beforehand that my shipment date would change, or else it would be a 5 out of 5 stars rating. Keep up the good work!
Shipping, Unboxing & Off Gassing
As mentioned previously, there is a service that NectarSleep provides that involves them sending someone to deliver your mattress and set it up for you for a cost. Should you decide to forego that service, however, here’s what you can expect:
Your Nectar mattress will arrive in a box. The first step is, apparently, to unpack it from the box (once you bring it into your bedroom, of course). Do be aware that while one person can technically get the job done alone, the mattress is relatively thick and weighty, and maneuvering it by yourself can be cumbersome and difficult; if you want the process to go more efficiently, enlist the help of a friend or loved one.
In any case, while unpacking your mattress you may notice a faint aroma; this is perfectly normal and happens with all new mattresses. Once you’ve unpacked and unrolled your mattress, this scent should dissipate within a few hours ( but if you’re more sensitive to the smell, it’s recommended that you leave the mattress to air out for twelve hours or so to let the scent go away entirely).
It’s also advised to let your mattress set for a day or two to give it time to resume it’s full size and shape since being packed and shipped in a box condenses the memory foam (and it can take a little while for it to recover).
Every bed in a box or mattress bought in a store is going to have a “new mattress smell” Even the organic mattresses have a smell. Actually, in my opinion, a stronger smell since latex has a distinct smell of its own.
Any new smell should dissipate within a day or two, and this should not be a problem for most people.
Nectar Lush Mattress Construction
12” of premium foams and dual-action cooling
High density memory foam layer for superior pressure point support
Easy-to-assemble with step-by-step instructions
Assembled in the USA
USA CertiPur Foams
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDE’s, TDCPP or TCEP(“Tris”)flame retardants.
- Made without mercury, lead and other heavy metals.
- Made without Formaldehyde.
- Regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
Nectar Lush Mattress Review on Comfort & Feel
This mattress is considered by many to be one of the most comfortable options currently available. It displays an admirable combination of support and comfort, particularly when compared to other varieties of mattresses that provide either comfort but no support (the kind where you sink into the mattress too much and even have trouble getting out of it later on) or rigid support with no comfort (the sort of mattress that leaves you restless because you just can’t get comfortable enough to fall asleep).
This mattress, thanks to its multiple layers of specially designed memory foam, conforms to fit the contours of your body and offers support and pressure relief to problem areas like your shoulders and joints. It’s also designed to help keep you fresh at night, which is an essential factor for those of us who tend to overheat when we’re sleeping.
This mattress is also capable of bearing much more weight than other similar brands; the standard weight limit seems to be about four hundred pounds of individual weight or eight hundred pounds of combined weight. This makes it an excellent choice if you carry a lot of pressure and need a comfortable and robust mattress to support you.
Like with most memory foam mattresses, the Nectar mattress is an excellent choice if you want a comfortable mattress with little to no motion transfer (the phenomena where one occupant shifts position in bed and that motion is felt throughout the entire mattress, potentially disturbing your partner from their rest).
In the case of the Nectar mattress, the multiple layers of memory foam function together efficiently to prevent pretty much all motion transfer, and the quilted cover assists in that regard as well, resulting in a dependable mattress that will let you and your partner rest undisturbed throughout the night.
Most memory foam mattresses can show edge support problems just because of their construction and design. The NectarSleep cushion, however, does better in that regard than most.
Thanks to the thick and sturdy base layer, this mattress offers much more support when compared to similar memory foam mattresses. Even at the very edge of the bed, there is still a significant level of support that can be hard to find in memory foam mattresses, making this a good selection if you want a memory foam mattress with the considerable backing throughout its entirety.
NECTAR LUSH MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
Overall the Nectar mattress is one of the best we have tested concerning foam quality & performance, especially for the price.
What is above average on the Nectar is the build, quilted gel, a Hi Core Memory foam as a transitional layer vs. just a poly foam layer. The above average foam core. It uses a 2.2 Density vs. the average 1.8.
I really liked that this has an actual memory foam feel same as the quilt on top. It seems to hold you up just a tad more than it would just be using a thin cover on top, so you get that memory foam feel but not as much of a sinking, stuck feeling like you do on some memory foam mattresses.
In addition, the 365 night trial and Forever Warranty are very impressive.
As a store owner, I like to sell medium to medium-firm mattresses vs. super soft. The reason being they will not develop body impressions as quickly and therefore you will have fewer warranty issues down the road. I think Nectar modeled their feel based on a similar thought.
You will like the Nectar if you want that 6-7 out of 10 with 10 being the firmest. Also, you need to love a true memory foam feel. It has very body conformance and pressure relief.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Nectar will perform great on an adjustable base. Being an all foam mattress, it will bend easily and lay back flat with no worry of harming the mattress at all. Using the Nectar on an adjustable base can add a lot of benefits. Adjustable bases can help with some things such as acid reflux, snoring and just finding a more comfortable sleeping position to ease joint pain and pressure in certain areas.
Grab a Discount With Our Coupon Applied (Plus Free Pillows):
RMR Readers Can Enjoy $100 Off & 2 Free Premium Pillows With Our Link Below Automictically.
Nectar Mattress Trial, Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. 3-6 days for shipping typically.
- Warranty – FOREVER Warranty.
- Trial Period – 365 Day Trial
- Discounts – Use our link & enter code Insiders125
- Made in China with USA Certi-Pur Foams
NectarSleep offers a truly unique experience where they will send a Nectar mattress to your home and let you try it out for an entire year (365 days) for no cost whatsoever. That’s right; you get to test it out for a whole year to see if it’s the right mattress for you!
This generous trial period is one of the many reasons why so many people speak highly of NectarSleep and their mattresses; very few companies are willing to let a customer have such an extended trial period to testing out a mattress.
The company provides a lifetime warranty on their mattresses that they call their “Forever Warranty.”
One major part of this warranty if that it includes a full no-cost replacement of your mattress within the first ten years of ownership if you discover any defects.
And if something happens after that ten-year span, they will still work hard to either repair or your replace your mattress if something happens to it. The most you will ever pay for this secondary after-ten-years service is a fifty dollar fee to cover transportation (and sometimes even then that fee can be waived if the circumstances are right). Discover more from UK buying guide.
Nectar is one of the fastest growing online mattress companies. Now that Nectar has worked out the kinks they have hired a whole team to run the show. Customer service has been ramped up too. The most prominent thing holding them back is keeping stock in, which is a good problem for them.
“We believe something as important as bedtime, where we spend 1/3 of our lifetime, should not be left to faceless publicly traded companies which work hard to save every possible penny on construction and materials. We also don’t believe inflated retail store markups, which pay large salesperson commissions, help you buy a better mattress.
At Nectar, we focus on one thing only – the most comfortable bed possible. Everything we develop, design, and test have only one mission, your rest.
We don’t care about quarterly earnings or earnings per share. We don’t need to because we are not “Big Mattress”… Nectar is 100% Employee Owned. We care about our customers first and making sure our customers agree that Nectar is the world’s most comfortable bed.
By cutting out intermediaries and markups our mattress is priced at 1/3 the cost of the big firms, but Nectar has won more awards in the last two years than most of the big guys put together.
To us at Nectar, there is nothing better than building the most comfortable bed. Sweet dreams!” Source: NectarSleep.com
Overall for this Nectar Mattress Review, the mattress seems to be one of the best mattresses on the market at the moment. It is made of top-of-the-line materials and put together with high-quality craftsmanship and is still fairly priced when compared to competing brands.
It ranks highly in all areas of assessment, from motion transference to edge support, and comes with a lifetime warranty that covers any and all defects. The multiple layers of memory foam provide a combination of support and comfort, and can also help with pressure relief in troublesome areas like your shoulders, back, and hips.
There have been instances in the past where the high demand for Nectar mattresses outstripped the number of mattresses they had available, but they seem to have resolved this production issue since then. They also have an excellent customer service department that will answer any and all questions you might have, whether it’s about setting up your 365-day free trial or simply a question about the qualities of the mattress itself.
All in all, if you want a fabulous mattress for a fair price, consider checking out the NectarSleep mattress.
Overall the Nectar mattress is one of the best we have tested, especially for the price.
What is above average on the Nectar is the build, quilted gel, a Hi Core Memory foam as a transitional layer vs. just a poly foam layer. The above average foam core. It uses a 2.2PCF vs. the average 1.8.
Also, the 365-night trial and Forever Warranty are very impressive.
As a store owner, I like to sell medium to medium-firm mattresses vs. super soft. The reason being they will not develop body impressions as easily, and therefore you will have fewer warranty issues down the road. I think Nectar modeled their feel based on a similar thought.
You will like the Nectar mattress if you want that 6-6.5 out of 10 with 10 being the firmest. Also, you need to love an actual memory foam feel. It has very good body conformance and pressure relief.
We rate Nectar so high simply because of the materials that are inside of it are above average for space and the price is lower than many brands that are lesser quality. Nectar truly is a very good value. Nectar experienced some backorder problems because of the demand but it seems like its mostly caught up & they recently internalized their customer service.