Puffy Lux Mattress Review
The Puffy Lux mattress is an upgraded and higher quality version of the original Puffy mattress, which was hugely popular when it first came out (and continues to maintain that popularity to this day). The Puffy Lux has some additional features when compared to the original Puffy mattress, and is considered by many people to be an improved version of an already great product.
Essentially, the Puffy Lux can be viewed as the luxury version of the original Puffy mattress.
Puffy Lux Mattress Delivery, Unboxing & Set-up
Shipping and delivery for the Puffy Lux mattress is entirely free of charge. Your newly purchased mattress ships via FedEx and will typically arrive within two to five days of your original purchase order. It will be delivered right to your doorstep, which is quite convenient.
That being said, the box it arrives in is fairly heavy (weighing in at about ninety pounds), so you’re probably going to want to enlist some help when it comes to moving it into your room and unpacking it; it can be awkward and difficult to carry and maneuver it alone.
Other than the off-gassing (which we will discuss momentarily in a separate section of this review), one of the most notable aspects of the Puffy Lux mattress in regards to unpacking it is how long it takes to regain its full size and shape once unwrapped.
Because it is made entirely out of memory foam, it should theoretically expand to its full size relatively quickly, but in most cases this expansion process is reported to take anywhere form twenty-four to forty-eight hours. In some other cases, it has been reported that the mattress will expand to its full size, but will not regain its intended firmness level for a couple days; either way, you will most likely need to wait a day or two before using your new mattress. Therefore, if you need a mattress that is ready to use before that amount of time has passed (or if you simply don’t like the idea of waiting so long), this might not be the right choice for you.
You Like the Puffy Lux Mattress if You:
- Like memory foam mattresses that provide both comfort and support. If you enjoy the unique body-contouring comfort that is provided by memory foam mattresses, then the Puffy Lux is the perfect choice for you. Thanks to the strong base layer of the mattress, there is also great support to be found when using this mattress, making it a good choice if you want a mattress that offers both comfort and support to you regardless of your sleeping position and body type.
- Want a mattress that stays cool at night. Thanks to the unique memory foams used int eh construction of the Puffy Lux mattress, it has excellent temperature regulation and heat dissipation capabilities, making it one of the best memory foam mattresses for minimal heat retention.
- Want a mattress that comes with a great warranty. Unlike some mattresses from competing brands, the Puffy Lux mattress comes with a lifetime warranty, meaning that if you encounter any defects or experience any serious issues with your mattress then the company will replace it or repair it. This warranty will last for as long as you own the mattress.
You Might Not Like the Puffy Lux if You:
- Want a cheap mattress. While anyone who has purchased this mattress will state that its many benefits and positive features are well worth the slightly higher price tag, the Puffy Lux is still probably not the right choice for anyone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on a new mattress. Because it is made out of high quality materials and designed to offer a luxurious sleeping experience, the Puffy Lux is definitely more expensive than some other mattresses from competing brands. Ultimately, you will have to decide for yourself whether or not the the high quality of the mattress is worth the high price.
- Don’t like memory foam. As mentioned previously, this mattress is made entirely out of memory foam, and as such would be a poor choice for anyone who dislikes the feel of memory foam mattresses (for example, if you dislike the sinking sensation that sometimes accompanies memory foam).
Puffy Lux Mattress Comfort & Feel
While this mattress is similar in many ways to its first incarnation (the original Puffy mattress), the Puffy Lux is notable for being significantly more comfortable than the regular Puffy. This is because of an extra layer on top of the mattress that is two inches thick and specifically designed to increase the overall comfort level of the mattress.
As a result of this added layer, the Puffy Lux rates as a 6 in terms of comfort and firmness, putting it squarely in the middle of a tradition 1 to 10 scale; we do feel obligated to mention, however, that other customers who have purchased and used this mattress judge it differently; some say it has a firmness level of 5.5, while others rank it as high as 7. Ultimately, you will need to remember that the feel of a mattress is largely subjective in nature, and as such you will need to try the mattress yourself to know for sure whether it’s the right comfort level for your needs.
In any case, the Puffy Lux is designed to offer a combination of comfort and support, and the added layer of plushness to the Lux that original Puffy mattress lacked helps to provide better body-contouring capabilities which makes the mattress an excellent choice for everyone no matter what their sleeping position is.
Puffy Lux Mattress Motion Isolation
Because this deluxe mattress is made entirely out of different types of memory foam, it is a great choice if you want something that has little in the way of motion transference (the phenomena where movement in one portion of the mattress transfers through the rest of it and disturbs your sleeping partner.
Not only does the Puffy Lux feature a strong and dense base layer of foam that provides stability, the top of the mattress features a combination of thick memory foam layered over a layer of plush foam that is softer; this combination not only provides great comfort and support but also works wonders for reducing motion transference and helping to prevent vibrations from moving through the mattress and disrupting anyone’s rest.
Overall, it’s a great choice if you want a mattress that excels in regards to motion isolation while also offering comfort and support.
Puffy Lux Mattress Off Gassing
The Puffy Lux mattress is made out of high quality foams, and as such there should be very little off-gassing when you unpack it. This mattress is also made entirely in the United States as well, and spends only a few days being shipped, which also helps to cut down on the fumes (since the mattress will be spending less time compressed and wrapped in plastic).
All in all, the only scent you’ll encounter when unwrapping your new Puffy Lux mattress is likely going to be coming from the wrapping plastic itself rather than from the actual mattress. That being said, if you are particularly sensitive to certain smells, it might be advisable to open a window or turn on a fan for some additional ventilation until your mattress has aired out sufficiently for you to use.
Puffy Lux Mattress Edge Support
The Puffy Lux mattress is a great choice if you want a memory foam mattress that is able to provide you with great levels of stability and support throughout the entirety of the mattress. It contains three layers of high-quality foams that are consistently dense and help to provide strong support in all areas of the mattress.
These strong foams make it so that you can utilize the entire mattress without worrying about it becoming broken down or damaged; you can even sit on the edges without needing to be concerned (although it is recommended to do so only for short periods if possible). Overall, the Puffy Lux mattress actually offers a great deal of edge support despite being made entirely out of various memory foams, which are typically more prone to have less supportive perimeters.
Puffy Lux Mattress Construction
This mattress is comprised of three main layers, each of which is constructed out of a different variety of memory foam.
The top layer is made up of three inches of Cooling Cloud Foam. This specially designed foam uses convection and conduction to regulate temperature and disperse heat away from your body when you’re sleeping. This unique gel-infused memory foam also offers a level of airflow that is approximately eight times better than that of ordinary memory foam. As a result, this layer helps to keep you cool and comfortable while you rest.
The middle layer of the Puffy Lux mattress is made up of Plush Cloud Comfort foam. This layer of memory foam is two inches thick and is specially designed to contour to your body while you sleep, helping to provide both support and comfort. This so-called Cloud Layer was designed to shape to your body, specifically to your various pressure points, so as to help relieve tension throughout your entire body. This layer will also adjust to any movements you make, and is able to provide great comfort and support for you regardless of sleeping position (it works whether you sleep on your side, on your back, or even on your stomach).
The third and bottom layer of the Puffy Lux mattress is constructed out of firm core support foam. This layer is seven inches thick and is designed to provide a strong and durable support layer for the mattress. The inherent strength of this base layer allows the mattress as a whole to support sleepers of all sizes and body types, and the Insta-Firm technology used in its creation help it to be incredibly responsive and supportive; some reports even state that is four times as supportive as ordinary memory foams. Essentially, this layer serves as a solid foundation for the rest of the mattress while also helping to make the mattress itself durable and reliable.
The Puffy Lux mattress also features a cover that is designed to be soft, comfortable, and also breathable; this high quality cover helps to give this deluxe mattress its luxury feel.
Puffy Lux Mattress Cover
This mattress features a specially designed cover that is incredibly plush and also cool to the touch, helping to keep you comfortable while you rest.
Puffy Lux Foundation
The Puffy Lux will work great on any solid surface. The floor, platform slats, boxspring/foundation and they now offer an adjustable base as well.
PUFFY LUX MATTRESS REVIEW
Puffy Lux Mattress His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
1 Very Soft
10 Very Firm
This mattress is also a good choice if you want a mattress that sleeps cool. Similar to the original Puffy mattress, the Puffy Lux features Cooling Cloud Foam, which is specially designed to help with temperature regulation and ventilation.
This Cooling Cloud Foam layer is three inches thick and has much better air flow than traditional memory foam; some sources even say its air flow capabilities are eight times better than other types of memory foam, making it one of the best types of foam in terms of ventilation.
The gel infusion that this layer of special foam incorporates also helps with temperature regulation by dispersing the heat rather than letting it build up in the mattress; this help to prevent you from overheating while you rest. This mattress also has a specially designed cover that is soft and cozy yet still breathable and cool to the touch.
Overall, the Puffy Lux is designed to have great temperature regulation, which sets it apart from other brands of memory foam mattresses (which are notorious for retaining heat).
Puffy Lux Mattress Adjustable Base Performance:
Puffy Lux Mattress Price:
Get $300 Off and a Free King Pillow With Every Mattress Purchase ($395 Value) Automatically With Our Link Below!
Puffy Lux Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. Typically 2-7 business days.
- Warranty – Lifetime
- Trial Period – 101 nights
- Discounts – Use our link above for the best price
The Puffy Lux mattress has a trial period of one hundred and one nights; this generous trial period of over three months gives you plenty of time to adjust to a new mattress ad decide whether or not its the right fir for your and your individual sleep needs. And if you do end up deciding that the Puffy Lux mattress isn’t the right choice for you, returning it is very easy and straightforward; you will even receive a full refund.
Additionally, the Puffy Lux comes with a lifetime warranty just like the original Puffy mattress. This warranty applies to the Puffy Lux mattress for its entire lifespan (on the condition that it is still in the original buyer’s possession; if ownership of the mattress has transferred to someone else besides the person who purchased initially, then the warranty unfortunately no longer applies).
This lifetime warranty includes the full replacement of your mattress within the first ten years if any defects are found in the mattress. After that initial ten year period, if any defects or issues arise, your mattress will be either repaired to get it in working condition again or replaced if such a repair is not possible.
The warranty that comes with the Puffy Lux is quite generous by traditional mattress market standards, and showcases the integrity of the Puffy company as well as their willingness to provide you with the best mattress and sleeping experience possible.
Puffy Lux Mattress Customer Reviews
When considering whether or not to buy and use a new product, the opinions of other customers who have tried that product are indisputably a critical part of the decision-making process. Therefore, in order to better help you determine whether or not the Puffy Lux mattress is a good choice for you and your sleep needs, we’ve gathered together here some useful reviews from customers who have tried the Puffy Lux mattress. We hope you find them helpful.
- “This bed is incredible!!! So comfortable and well worth the price. Easy to assemble. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS AWESOME BED!!!” – Andrea B.
- “I’ve had back issues for the past 3 months. first night after sleeping on my puffy mattress I immediately noticed the difference and could feel it in my back now day 5 and my back feels a millions times better thanks to my puffy mattress.” –Derek.
- “I have always owned high quality euro mattresses in the past so I decided to make a change to something more up to date. I bought the Lux last month, it is amazing. I am speechless at how good I sleep, it really makes me feel at ease and just weightless throughout. I have already told all my friends about it.” – Andrea S.
- “The best bed I have ever laid on. I wake up feeling like I slept for days. I feel more relaxed and clear minded because of the sleep I am getting now. No springs no nothing just pure comfort”. – Scott.
- “We have needed a new mattress for about 7 years. We finally started to do our research and found that the Puffy Lux looked like it was just what we wanted. We placed our order and received it yesterday. Last night both of us went to bed with great expectations of what our new mattress might be like. Well this morning was fantastic. No back, neck, and joint pain. We are so impressed. We made the prefect choice. We love our Puffy Lux .” – Melisa.
Puffy Lux Mattress Conclusion
Overall, the Puffy Lux mattress is a great choice if you’re looking for a luxury mattress that is made out of high quality materials that is specially designed to provide you with both comfort and support while sleeping while also regulating temperature and minimizing motion transference.