Sealy Cocoon Mattress Review
Sealy has jumped into the online game. Whats good? I think its great to have a powerhouse brand behind the product vs a startup. If you have a warranty, they will be here 8-10 years from now. Its also offered in two firmness options as well as a cooling upgrade with a phase change cooling cover.
You Will Like the Cocoon Mattress if You:
- You want a good value – I think the classic version is a very good deal compared to several other online brands they’re more than competitive.
- Sleep in multiple positions – This mattress is a good medium feel with good body conformance. Sleeping on your side, back or stomach Cocoon will conform to your body very well. Tummy sleepers can choose a firmer option too.
- Like the combo of bounce and body conformance – with 2″ of memory foam and a nice bouncy transition layer it gives you the memory foam feel without a ton of sinkage.
You Might Not Like the Cocoon Mattress if You:
- Do a lot of activities sitting on the edge of the bed – Sitting on the edge the mattress sinks down about average for a foam bed. If a very sturdy sitting edge is important to you you may want to consider something with foam encased edges or a border wire (coiled/spring mattress primarily). Laying on the edge was not an issue however, you still have the entire sleep surface usable. (see video for demo)
- Want a innerspring mattress – It can take time to get used to a foam mattress, if you already know you don’t like all foam mattresses you should stick with a coiled mattress. The Cocoon is a comfortable mattress but it won’t probably transform you from a spring fan to a foam fan.
- Want a tall extra thick mattress set – Cocoon is not going to be super thick and tall like some mattresses you will find online and in stores like a pillowtop.
Sealy Cocoon Mattress Construction
- 1st layer (comfort) – 2″ of memory foam.
- 2nd layer – 2″ of transitional poly foam.
- Bottom layer– 6″ base foam
Sealy Cocoon Mattress Cover
The Cocoon mattress is actually offered with two different cover options. You can choose from a classic cover, or a phase change cooling cover.
Sealy Cocoon Mattress Foundation
The Sealy Cocoon will work great on any solid surface. A boxspring/foundation, slats, the floor and will work great on an adjustable base.
COCOON MATTRESS BY SEALY REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
What I liked about the Cocoon was that you get good pressure relieve that memory foam offers but since it uses 2″ on top followed by a poly transition later you end up have more bounce. You sink in initially but don’t continue to sink in as much as you can on a memory foam that uses 3-4″ of memory foam. So if you like memory foam but want to have less sinkage, this is a good option. I also like that you can choose between firmness’s and cover options.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
I though the Cocoon had a good combination or body conformance and pressure relief without the sinkage or some memory foam mattresses. With their design you don’t get a stuck feeling at all, making it easy to still adjust positions. Another perk is the fact that it is Sealy who manufactures it. There should be no worry about the company going anywhere should you have a warranty problem. Overall the mattress was great and anyone who sleeps in all positions will be happy on the Cocoon.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
We slept on the Chill version and it performed great. Generally memory foam can trap heat but having the transition layer 2″ down helps the Cocoon transfer heat more efficiently then if it had 4″ of memory foam. The cooling cover is cool to the touch but if you are planning on using a mattress protector some of that could be reduced. You can consider a cooling protector as well. But either way it will breathe better than the classic cover.
Adjustable Base Performance:
Cocoon Mattress Price:
|Twin||Classic $399 | Chill $549|
|Twin XL||Classic $449 | Chill $599|
|Full||Classic $649 | Chill $799|
|Queen||Classic $799 | Chill $949|
|King||Classic $999 | Chill $1149|
|Cal King||Classic $999 | Chill $1149|
Save $100 Off With Our Link Below and Code RMR100
Sealy Cocoon Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Discounts – Save $100 OFF with our link below and code RMR100
- Made in the USA
Sealy Cocoon Company Info
Sealy has been around for for ever! They are one of the 1st big box brands to launch online. There will be no worry here about your warranty being worthless if the company doesn’t stick around for the long haul.
So if you like memory foam but want to have less sinkage, this is a good option. I also like that you can choose between firmness’s and cover options.
Overall, the Cocoon is a solid mattress and offers firmness & cover options other do not.
Save $100 Off With Our Link Below and Code RMR100
Current discount code when checking out. Click the button on the side and enter this code! SAVE75