An In-Depth Puffy vs Purple Comparison [Unbiased]
Everybody loves sleeping, and as the immortal Jim Butcher once said: “Sleep is God. Go Worship”. A sentiment that I and every person of sound body and mind agree with. Sleep is how the working man; survives the grueling reality all around him. Sleep is the working man’s reward, but if the perfect mattress isn’t waiting for you when you get home then your reward can turn sour pretty quickly.
If you don’t know which type of mattress you should go for, then you should know that both the Puffy and Purple mattresses are the cream of the crop, and you cannot go wrong with either of them. But to get a good idea of which one to get according to your sleeping needs then you should read this Puffy VS Purple mattress unbiased comparison.
$250 Off our Puffy with the code BESTPUFFY and $275 off our Puffy Lux with the code BESTPUFFY75 AND OUR LINK
Best Price AND FREE sheets, pillow, mattress protector, blanket, or seat cushion when you buy any Purple Mattress with the Link Below
Quick Overview of the Mattresses:
An In-Depth Puffy vs Purple Comparison [Unbiased]
Everybody loves sleeping, and as the immortal Jim Butcher once said: “Sleep is God. Go Worship”. A sentiment that I and every person of sound body and mind agree with. Sleep is how the working man; survives the grueling reality all around him and how a student stays awake during class. Sleep is the working man’s reward, but if the perfect mattress isn’t waiting for you when you get home then your reward can turn sour pretty quickly.
If you don’t know which type of mattress you should go for, then you should know that both the Puffy and Purple mattresses are the cream of the crop, and you cannot go wrong with either of them. But to get a good idea of which one to get according to your sleeping needs then you should read this unbiased comparison of both.
Quick Overview of the Mattresses
Ever heard of the concept of sleeping on the clouds. That is exactly what the makers of the puffy mattress had in mind. The 10-inch memory foam, the 2.5 PCF memory foam gel, and the 1.5 PCF Poly foam support core are perfect for the average person. In-fact the puffy mattress gives you the ideal level of medium-firm comfort. 80% of the people living on this earth prefer a medium- firm comfort.
The math is on your side if you decide to buy a puffy mattress.
The main claim to fame of the Purple Mattress is their of smart grid technology. The mattress uses a custom one of a kind polymer grid. This polymer grid allows for better pressure relief. You will look forward to succumbing to this mattress at the end of the day.
The purple mattress is 10 inches and has three layers. The top layer is elastic and grid-shaped and is designed using the smart grid technology and its bottom layer is based on a 1.8 PCF poly-foam to ensure correct spinal alignment.
A worthy mattress that compromises on nothing and is sure to provide you with a nice, deep sleep.
The Best Mattress for You Depends on Your Personal Needs and Sleeping Preferences
- Big Fig May be the Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- Plank by Brooklyn May be the Best Dual Firmness Firm Mattress
- Brooklyn Auroroa May be the Best Firm Mattress for Side Sleepers
- Saalva HD May be the Best Firm Mattress for Couples
- Avacado May be the Best Organic Firm Mattress
- Winkbed May be the Best Cool Sleeping Firm Mattress
Pros and Cons of the Mattresses:
Puffy Mattress Pros and Cons:
- The top layer’s top inches are a custom designed cooling cloud foam. The cooling cloud foam’s purpose is to provide you with a cool surface to sleep on
- The mattress will adjust itself to provide you with the ideal support for your specific body
- The most innovative part about the puffy mattress is its memory foam technology, with it, the mattress will feel the same way throughout the year
- The bottom layer provides a level of firmness and is sure to be helpful for your spine. Read Ross Paumen’s Spine Align Mattress review. Others find that the pillow they use makes a difference. Read our Spine Align Pillow review.
- The Puffy mattress is a bit on the pricey side
- The breaking-in process can be quite troublesome
Purple Mattress Pros and Cons:
- The Purple mattress has a very thin and soft feel to it
- The Purple mattress can regulate the temperature of your body nicely because of its stretchy and breathable material
- The Purple mattress is more durable than your average mattress
- The mattress is fairly cool to sleep on
- The Purple mattress is a bit on the pricey side
- It is a bit more bouncy
The comfort of the Mattresses:
The Puffy mattress is a bit on the firmer side. On average it could be a seven on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very soft and 10 being the very firm. As already mentioned the puffy mattress has a true medium-firm feel to it.
It is by far one of the best mattresses for those that like to sleep on their stomach or back. For those who sleep on their side; you should look for a softer mattress. Some occasional side sleeping is okay, but if you sleep on your side regularly on the puffy mattress you may feel a little sore.
The firmness of the purple mattress is 6.5. It is a bit on the softer side and the difference is pretty noticeable. The grid structure does an excellent job of distributing the weight evenly. The puffy mattress also has a bouncy feeling to it, which can add to the mattress feeling soft. Also, it is very accommodating for all sleeping position.
Furthermore, Purple is unequivocally one of the best options for the stomach, back, and side sleepers, but the softness does take some getting used to. Lastly, you might also feel the middle layer beneath the first layer if you add heavier weight.
Construction and Materials of Mattresses:
The puffy mattress has three layers. Each layer is custom designed to provide you with the ideal levels of comfort.
- The first layer contains the cooling cloud foam and the first layer is designed in such a way to provide you with a cool surface to sleep on by using conduction and convection. The first layer can also adjust according to the shape of your body.
- The second layer contains the innovative memory foam technology. The second layer contains a two-inch Climate-adaptive regulation foam which allows for the mattress to feel the same all year round.
- The base layer is only there to provide you with enough firmness to help your spine. It offers solid support and comfort for all sizes. The bottom layer also contains variable pressure foam technology which is sure to reduce tossing, turning and improve blood circulation.
The purple mattress is more on the lighter side. The mattress is made used using viscose, polyester, Lycra, hyper-elastic polymer and poly foam. It also has a three layer design:
- The top layer has a two inches hyper polymer grid that ensures comfort and cooling. The distinct polymer design also makes sure that you have the ideal balance between sinking and support whenever you sleep.
- The middle layer leverages a 3.5 inches transitional foam with a density of 1.8 pounds. Its main purpose is to provide compression support to the mattress. It also works with the top layer to provide you with excellent levels of comfort, and this layer also distributes your weight evenly.
- The bottom layer is a four-inch foundation layer, which maximizes the durability of the mattress.
The mattress is encased in a cover which is made using viscose, polyester, and Lycra. The Lycra ensures the mattress stretches nicely, and both viscose and polyester make sure that the mattress is cool to sleep on.
Responsiveness and Support:
Support of the Mattresses:
Nectar Mattress Support:
No matter what type of sleeping preferences you have, Nectar mattress is going to be very supportive. It combines comfort memory foam with gel memory foam offering very supportive foundation that is highly durable as well. Read our sleep guide for how to get the best sleep.
The special memory foam structure in Nectar provides it with a pressure relieving sleeping surface that is mostly demanded by sleepers. Also, it has excellent edge support.
Purple Mattress Support:
Purple mattress quickly adapts to the body of the sleepers once they lay on the mattress and offers them excellent comfort as well as support. The mattress has excellent hugging contour making the sleeper relieved from various pressure points.
When it comes to edge support, purple mattress lacks it. Though the whole mattress offers great support, it is not a good choice if you need excellent edge support. One suggest is consider buying a Canada mattress or read more feed back before ordering your mattress.
Motion Transfer and Coolness of the Mattresses:
Puffy Motion Transfer:
The puffy mattress is one of the best options when it comes to motion transfer. It has one of the best weight distribution system in its price range. The layers work well together with each other, and the mattress does an excellent job of providing the best levels of contouring and resilience. The layers also do an excellent job of absorbing motion. All this means that whatever your partner is doing on his/her end of the mattress; you will not feel it.
The layers also do an excellent job of providing the ideal bounce and support, so you don’t sink in too much.
Purple Motion Transfer:
The purple mattress has a really unique design to it. It is meticulously designed to reduce the motion transfer of the person sleeping on it. The mattress’s top layer is a responsive polymer which means that you might not feel the vibrations of the movement on the mattress because vibrations will be distributed to reduce their impact.
The mattress provides a decent support structure along the edges, although heavy sleepers might see some decline.
The Coolness of the Mattresses
The puffy mattress is specifically designed to provide you with the ideal cool feel. The mattress has some form of cooling technology incorporated in each of the three layers. The top layer even has a unique cooling foam; which uses convection as well as conduction to dissipate the heat and make you feel as cool as possible.
The mattress also has gel-infused memory foam which increases the airflow eight times more than a conventional foam mattress. The mattress has been crafted to give the coolest feel possible. Despite the fact that it is made of memory foam, the mattress is cool to sleep on and the covers are very breathable and will aid in keeping you cool.
The purple mattress has a unique polymer grid on its top layer. The polymer grid does an excellent job of keeping the heat away from your body and the grid also has about 1.5-2 inches of open space. The open space allows for the heat to escape in a more natural way. The top layer and the open space makes for a very soft feeling mattress.
The unique and breathable layer will make sure that only the minimal amount of heat is retained during the night. This, along with the breathable cover, will provide you with highly comfortable surface to sleep on. So it is highly recommended for a warm sleeper.
Who Should Get Which Mattress?
When Should You Choose Puffy Mattress?
- You love memory foam’s softer feel
- You sleep on your back or side
- You are looking for a mattress that can last for a long time
When Should You Choose Purple Mattress?
- You want good motion isolation because your partner or you move around at night
- You want to try the unique feel of firm+soft mattress that is exclusive to Purple mattress
- You can spend a little more when it comes to comfort
There is not much that separates these two mattresses. Both of the mattresses are pretty much on equal footing when it comes to comfort, feel, firmness, support, and responsiveness, etc. The puffy mattress is a bit better on firmness and support, but the purple mattress has a softer feel to it and is more durable. Both the mattress are well made and it really does come down to you; which mattress do you think will be best for you?
Whatever mattress you decide: you can rest assured that the mattress will serve you for years to come. We hope that this review has made it a little easier on you. If you are still undecided then go down to the store and feel both the mattresses first hand.