An In-Depth Endy vs Casper Mattress Comparison [Unbiased]
Ernest Hemingway loved to sleep. It was his third love; after writing and his cat. He used to cite lack of sleep as the single biggest reason why his life was falling apart. Who among us doesn’t love the soft, warm embrace of sleep? Sleep is one of the major reasons why many adults are normal and functioning people instead of psychotic murderers.
A full night’s sleep is how many of us survive the everyday grind, but a mediocre mattress can get in the way of that of sweet, blissful sleep. Do yourself a favor and buy a good mattress. Endy and Casper are among the finest mattresses on the market and to help you decide which ones are for you, we have made this unbiased comparison.
$100 OFF AND FREE sheets with the Our Link Below
Quick Overview of the Mattresses:
You may never have heard of Endy, but this mattress company is a behemoth in Canada, despite only starting in 2015. The company has steadily grown in popularity since its inception because of the care by which they craft their products. The company has done a superb job of perfecting the design and build of their mattresses.
What makes Endy Mattresses stand out: is the comfort level that they provide and the premium built quality. Endy is a very good choice; provided you can find one in your area (They are rarely seen outside Canada)
Casper is among the most well-known Mattress brands out there. Its name is almost ubiquitous in the world of the mattress. The company was founded in 2014 and has since steadily grown in popularity. They are known for their robust mattresses and for their brilliant marketing. The company started in the U.S.A but has since expanded its operation to Europe and Canada.
The company has had a long time to iron out any chinks that their mattresses might have and they currently boast a whole range of diverse, and exciting mattresses; Each finer than the next.
Pros and Cons of the Mattresses:
- The company behind Endy mattresses is big on charity. Any returned mattress is donated to charity
- The mattresses are relatively cheap
- The mattresses size and built make them perfect for couples
- Shipping of the mattresses is free in Canada
- Endy mattresses are known for their great motion isolation
- Endy mattresses are surprisingly easy to move
- You will be hard pressed to find Endy mattresses outside Canada
- Some may be put off by only one firmness option
- Casper Mattresses are surprisingly silent
- They offer a full 100 days of risk-free trial
- Casper mattresses have an A+ rating from the Better business bureau
- You will get a good sinking feeling
- Made from very breathable materials
- They have a durable construction
- Some of their models are surprisingly heavy and moving them can be difficult
- Nearly all of their models are on the pricey side
The comfort of the Mattresses:
The Puffy mattress is a bit on the firmer side. On average it could be a seven on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is very soft and 10 being the very firm. As already mentioned the puffy mattress has a true medium-firm feel to it.
It is by far one of the best mattresses for those that like to sleep on their stomach or back. For those who sleep on their side; you should look for a softer mattress. Some occasional side sleeping is okay, but if you sleep on your side regularly on the puffy mattress you may feel a little sore.
The firmness of the purple mattress is 6.5. It is a bit on the softer side and the difference is pretty noticeable. The grid structure does an excellent job of distributing the weight evenly. The puffy mattress also has a bouncy feeling to it, which can add to the mattress feeling soft. Also, it is very accommodating for all sleeping position.
Furthermore, Purple is unequivocally one of the best options for the stomach, back, and side sleepers, but the softness does take some getting used to. Lastly, you might also feel the middle layer beneath the first layer if you add heavier weight.
Construction and Materials of Mattresses:
Endy mattresses are crafted with great love and care. Their mattresses are constructed by using the three-layer design. The first layer is a 3 PCF comfort layer polyfoam, the second layer, and the third layers are made using the 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam. Let’s have a detailed look at its layers:
- The first layer has been specifically crafted to respond to your body’s movement and shape when you are sleeping. The top layer also does an excellent job of spreading out your body weight and cooling your body down. The 3 PCF comfort layer polyfoam is ably supported by 2 inches of gel-infused memory foam.
- The 1.8 PCF high-density polyfoam of the middle layer is also accompanied by 5-inch memory foam. The polyfoam and the memory foam work together to provide the mattress with its firmness.
- The last layer is nearly identical to the second layer, but the last layer does a slightly different job. The third layer’s job is to make sure that the mattress doesn’t sag and also offers robust compressional support.
All of the layers are enveloped in a cover. The cover of Endy mattresses is made using quilted polyester fabric. The quilted polyester adds to the durability of the mattress.
Casper mattress has a three-layer design. It is 9.5 inches thick, while the Endy mattress is 10 inches thick.
- The top layer of Casper mattress is made using 1.5 inches synthetic Dunlop latex foam of 3.3 PCF density. The make of the mattress makes it very bounce-friendly, but the mattress do sacrifice a little bit of its cooling effect to get there.
- The second layer has 1.5 inches of thickness as well and is comprised of memory foam with a 4.0 PCF density. The second layer ably supports the first layer and helps the mattress retain its shape.
- The third layer is also 1.5 inches thick and is made using ordinary 2.5 PCF polyurethane foam.
- The fourth layer is a whopping 5 inches thick and is made using what the company calls high-density support foam. The company also doesn’t specify what type of foam the fourth layer has.
Responsiveness and Support:
Endy Mattresses are not the firmest mattresses on the block. On average the Mattresses earn a rating of 5-6 on a scale of 1 to 10. This may not sound like much, but what the Endy mattresses lack in firmness; they more than make up for in softness. The mattresses have a very soft, and cozy feel to them. The cover is plenty breathable, allowing for a nice passage of airflow.
The Endy mattresses will do nicely for lightweight and semi-lightweight persons. The built and design of the mattresses is excellent for back sleepers. For side- sleepers Endy Mattresses will take some getting used to, but this is not the mattress for stomach sleepers. Stomach sleepers’ hips will sink fairly easily into the mattresses and this may cause some back pain, and the spine can become improperly aligned after extended use.
Casper mattress firmness could ideally be defined as a medium level. The mattresses are rated a solid 6 on a scale of 1-10. This rating means that for most of the people buying this mattress will be more than happy with the level of firmness. The mattress has some firmness, but it is not too firm. The firmness of the mattress allows for a minimum of sinking and add to the durability of the mattress.
Casper mattresses are ideal for stomach and back sleepers. The Mattresses are firm enough that stomach and back sleepers will not sink into the mattress, although side sleepers might face a bit more difficulty in sleeping on a Casper. The firmness of the mattress may cause some pain in their hips or shoulders.
Comfort of the Mattresses:
As they say, there is no perfect mattress; there is only the perfect mattress for you. This is never truer than for Endy mattresses. You will either love these mattresses or hate them. If you feel very hot going to bed then the Endy might just be the mattress for you. The Endy also provides excellent support. Its weight distribution is certainly better than most and Endy mattresses have some of the best edge support available.
Endy mattress has another thing going for it. The foam design of the mattress greatly reduces the motion transfer; which means that if you are a restless sleeper then your movements won’t wake up your partner.
The make of the mattress also means that you will feel some pressure on your neck, depending on your weight and the way you sleep. Generally, this is not a mattress for people who carry heavier weights.
Casper mattresses have had a considerable time to evolve into one of the best mattresses on the market. Casper mattress has a firmness to it that is lacking in many of its counterparts, and with that firmness comes its great support. Casper mattresses are ideal for providing back support and the mattresses will generally not let you sink into the foam.
Another one of the key benefits of Casper’s mattresses is that they provide great motion control. This mattress will ensure that your partner’s late night foray into the kitchen or to the bathroom; will not wake you up.
Who Should Get Which Mattress?
When Should You Choose Endy Mattress?
- It is ideal for those that sleep a little restlessly. The design and build of the Endy will make sure that the movements of your partner do not disturb your sleep
- It provides an excellent degree of coolness and Endy will do nicely for those who cannot go to sleep feeling a little hot
- The thickness of Endy is normal when compared to Casper. This makes it perfect for those who like their mattresses thin
When Should You Choose Casper Mattress?
- The firmness of the mattresses is ideal for back support, neck support and basically all other kinds of supports
- If you don’t want to be disturbed by your partner’s late night movements
- If you value durability as well as comfort
Both Endy and Casper are different kinds of beasts. One is soft; the other is firm. One’s primary focus is comfort while the other focuses on durability and comfort. One is sold primarily in Canada, while the other is sold in the whole of the west. The differences between both these mattresses are apparent, but at the same time; both of these mattresses feel like the two sides of the same coin. Which one to choose is up to you!