Casper Bed Review
Casper was one of the online companies that helped pave the way for the online market. In 2014-2016 they continued to grow. They have had several rounds of fund raising and even have some celebs involved. They have a universal feel many people will like!
You Will Like the Casper Mattress if You:
- Like to sleep cool – Foam mattresses can sleep warm. However, the design of the Casper with latex on top and memory foam on bottom helps it disperse heat efficiently. I did not experience excessive heat at all.
- Sleep in multiple positions – This mattress is a good medium feel with good body conformance. Sleeping on your side, back or stomach Casper will conform to your body very well.
- Like the combo of bounce and body conformance – With the latex layer on top Casper maintains good bounce which makes it easier to adjust positions and not feel stuck.
You Might Not Like the Casper Mattress if You:
- Are 300 lbs or more – I would recommend something different if you are a heavier sleeper.
- Do a lot of activities sitting on the edge of the bed – Sitting on the edge the mattress sinks down about average for a foam bed. If a very sturdy sitting edge is important to you you may want to consider something with foam encased edges or a border wire (coiled/spring mattress primarily). Laying on the edge was not an issue however, you still have the entire sleep surface usable. (see video for demo)
- Want a innerspring mattress – It can take time to get used to a foam mattress, if you already know you don’t like all foam mattresses you should stick with a coiled mattress. The Casper is a comfortable mattress but it won’t probably transform you from a spring fan to a foam fan.
Casper Mattress Construction
- 1st Layer: Comfort & Temperature Control – The top layer consists of one and a half inches, latex foam that is made to be responsive, and does not retain body heat.
- 2nd Layer: Pressure Relief, Support & Additional Heat Dispersion – The middle layer consists of 1.5″, memory foam.
- 3rd Layer: 1.5″ poly foam
- 4th Layer: 5″ Foam Core
Casper Mattress Cover
Casper uses a zip off cover that has good elasticity and can be washed.
The cover is soft and plush feeling and good for cooling as it is not too thick.
Casper will work on any solid surface. Wood foundation/boxspring, slats, floor or will work great on an adjustable base.
CASPER MATTRESS REVIEW
MY THOUGHTS (ROSS)
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
The Casper Mattress is about a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. With the top latex layers fast response it is easy to adjust sleeping positions.
Casper has good body conformance and is easy to adjust positions on with the responsive layer being on top it has good bounce. The overall feel is universal to all sleeping positions and will suit most people.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
The Casper performed well for me. I am also lighter at 125lbs. The top poly layer supports your lower back very well and bounces back quickly if you adjust positions. I’m always worried about motion transfer since Ross moves around a lot. Like most foam beds the Casper has very little motion transfer. Like Ross said the Ghostbed on paper is more mattress for less money but you still might like the feel of Casper better. FOR ME I liked that it was a touch softer than Ghostbed.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
The Casper had no problems with sleeping hot. The design with 1.5″ of poly over the memory foam helps this mattress with heat dispersion.
Adjustable Base Performance:
Casper Mattress Price:
Offer Details: Take $100 Off a Casper Mattress and $200 Off a Wave Mattress With Code Mattressinsider. Valid on Foam and Hybrid Collections; Not Valid on the Essential
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Discounts – Use the link above to receive $50 OFF when checking out.
- Made in the USA
Casper Mattress Warranty and More
Casper Company Info
Casper was one of the online companies that helped pave the way for the online market. In 2014-2016 they continued to grow. They have had several rounds of fund raising and even have some celebs involved.
The Casper has a great universal feel most people will like. With a good combo of bounce, support & pressure relief. They have a huge following and a lot of good reviews so people that have bought it seem to like it for the most part.