Review of Best Cheap Mattresses Under $200
Review of Best Cheap Mattresses Under $200
We spend a lot of our time on bed with the ultimate goal of getting comfort and relaxation to increase the overall quality of our life because, without a comfortable sleep, everything else in your life will be disturbed. And to get a comfortable and undisturbed sleep, we need soft and supporting mattresses. But we can sometimes have a tight budget that may not allow us to make significant investments in getting a highly durable and comfortable mattress and that’s OKAY!
You don’t have to spend thousands to get the most comfortable mattress for you because we are going to tell you the best mattresses under 200 dollars that you can buy right now. And the best part is that all of these mattresses have been reviewed by thousands of users and are mostly praised for their quality and durability. So this guide is going to shed light on some very useful things about mattresses and provide you with our top picks for mattresses under 200 dollars so you can have a peaceful sleeping experience.
What to Look For When Deciding on a Foam?
When you are making the decision to get a foam, it is imperative that you consider its firmness level. There is a rating system that tells how firm a mattress is, and that is called Indentation Load Deflection (ILD). This is the pressure measured in the number of pounds it takes a 50 square inch indenter to compress a given material to a total of 25% of its overall thickness.
Simply put, a mattress with 12 pounds of IDL rating will be very soft while the IDL of 50 pounds is going to be very firm. So this will provide you with the idea of how firm or soft you want your mattress to be. If you are not sure which level of firmness to go for, you should select the one that comes between 21 and 31 pounds.
Now there’s another thing to look for, and that is the firmness of the layers of your mattress. While the overall ILD of the mattress you are looking may be what you want but it is a good idea to go an extra mile and see if the manufacturer has listed the ILD of the layers. The rating will typically be lower near mattress’s top, usually between 12 and 16.
However, this rating can increase as you go towards the foundation layer as the top layer is comfort layer so it should be softer than the lower ones. But if you have heavier weight than average people then you should consider getting higher ILD for the upper layers as well.
What are Different Types of Foams?
- Polyurethane: These are usually available at a very low price but may also have less durability. The good thing about Polyurethane foams is that they have very good motion isolation so that you do not get disturbed by your partner’s movements.
- Convoluted Foam: Just like the Polyurethane, Convoluted Foams also have a very affordable price, but the durability might be an issue. However, they have excellent heat transfer capability so you can sleep cool all night long.
- Budget Memory Foams: If we talk about the memory foams that come under a small budget then surprisingly, not only they are very durable, but they provide excellent motion isolation. However, they are known to retain heat so that might be an issue if you are a hot sleeper.
- Reflex Foam: These can be quite expensive, but the good thing is that they are highly durable and have both motion isolation and heat transfer abilities to provide you with an undisturbed sleeping experience while keeping you cool.
- Latex: Just like Reflex, Latex can also be quite costly, but it has excellent breathability and great motion isolation so you can have a peaceful sleep all night long.
Best Mattresses Under 200 Dollars – Our Top Picks
8” Memory Foam Mattress by Zinus
Another best mattress under 200 dollars is unequivocally the 8” memory foam by Zinus, especially if you want to enjoy the pressure relieving comfort that this memory foam provides at very affordable price. If you are a side or back sleeper, then you are in for a treat because this mattress has received excellent reviews from users for these positions. The product has a high-density base for support, two inches of comfort foam and two inches of memory foam for added comfort, have a look at some of its features:
- Provides excellent pressure relieving support
- Has U.S certification for performance and durability
- It perfectly conforms to your body so your joints and bones can sink into its softness
- Infused with organic ingredients like castor seed oil and green tea extract to naturally kill bacteria and odor
- Comes with an excellent 10-year warranty
- Works with all types of bed frames
- Has low emissions of VOC
- Very durable for its price
- May not be perfect for stomach sleepers
- May be a little hot when sleeping
8” Memory Foam and Innerspring Hybrid Mattress by LinenSpa
People who suffer from pressure points and are looking for a new mattress that can provide them with impeccable support in a very budget friendly way then this memory foam and the innerspring hybrid mattress is what they should consider looking into. The mattress has a soft, knit fabric cover, a cozy memory foam layer and a 1.5” layer of foam placed beneath that will keep your body perfectly aligned. Furthermore, it features 6” steel coils that provide added support for the body and adds durability to the mattress. Some key features are:
- Minimizes pressure points by aligning the spine through its plush memory foam layer
- Individually encased coils provide excellent support and durability
- The mattress has a medium firm feel that virtually everyone wants
- Its 6” coils also help the mattress breathe better
- Comes with a whopping 10-year warranty
- Very high durability and value for the price
- Helps the sleeper stay cool
- Provides an excellent overall body comfort
- Some people may find topper too thin
- May not be for people who carry a lot of weight
8” Spring Mattress by Zinus
Another incredibly comfortable and simply the best mattress under 200 dollars is the 8” spring mattress by Zinus. It is especially comfortable for a child or someone who is not much heavier. People with heavy weight have complained regarding the development of indentations over time. So keep in mind that it is not the most durable mattress for people who carry a lot of weight but it does provide minimal heat retention and good contour for people with the right type of bodies. The product has 4.5” of pressure relieving foam, half-inch of high-density foam and a section of springs of 7.5 inches providing the user with excellent support. Some key features are:
- Perfect for children or someone with light body weight
- Equipped with U.S certified foam for performance and durability
- Excellent motion separation for undisturbed sleep
- Provides great contour and heat dissipation
- Comes with a 10-year warranty
- Provides good support
- Keeps the sleeper cool
- The foam quality is great
- Suited for kids or lightweight people
- Somewhat less durable
If you want to get the best mattress under 200 dollars, then this list is all you need to choose from. Keep in mind that not all mattresses have the same quality and features, so you need to choose carefully and may need to compromise on a few things. But that’s okay as long as you are not compromising on your comfort because getting a comfortable and durable mattress under 200 is not a bad deal.