Benefits of Bamboo Pillows and Their Drawbacks
For some people, unfortunately, getting a good night’s sleep could be a real challenge. They spend a lot of money buying expensive sleep products but they don’t really solve the problem regarding their personal comfort. Consequently, many people end up finding nothing despite their endless search for a peaceful night’s sleep.
True, that a good mattress will play a key role in accommodating your sleep but if you chose a pillow that doesn’t go well, then you may still face problems in keeping your body properly supported.
Bamboo pillows, named after the bamboo fibers that are used to help create the material weave which is found in the pillow casing, are filled with what is called shredded memory foam. The bamboo pillows could be beneficial because they allow for greater personal adjustment to match both the needs of your body as well as your personal preferences for a good night’s sleep.
Benefits of Bamboo Pillows
If you are getting interested in Bamboo pillows, then it would be better if you knew and understood the benefits of these pillows. For your convenience, we are listing below some of the major benefits and features of having bamboo pillows to sleep at.
We hope that learning about these benefits and features will help you make an informed decision. So, let’s begin.
It Has Antimicrobial Properties:
The bamboo has some really strong natural and powerful antibacterial properties, making it highly durable. This material has a strong resistant material called bamboo Kun. Because of this Kun, the tree is able to fight back with the bacteria that attack it and therefore, the bamboo fiber remains sterile all the time!
Fortunately, the antimicrobial properties of the bamboo are reserved when the fiber is extracted from the tree.
Due to these antimicrobial properties, the bamboo pillows are able to absorb your sweat at night and thereby helping remove the smelly odor, keeping you fresh and cool!
Known for Its Hypoallergenic Properties:
For those who have an allergy problem, the bamboo pillows could be an excellent choice as these pillows are profoundly hypo-allergenic in nature. This quality allows bamboo fiber to fight and repel dust mites. Additionally, the pillow also successfully resists molds and mildew. This means people with an allergy who use bamboo pillows will be secured against allergic reactions that can be triggered from dust and molds. Using a bamboo pillow will ultimately keep you safe and healthy for a fairly long time.
Good Moisture Absorber:
If you didn’t know it before then you may be surprised to know that bamboo has an excellent cooling effect. The bamboo tree has a naturally cool touch to it. Fibers of the bamboo have micro-holes as well as micro-gaps. This unique feature actually allows bamboo pillows to comfortably absorb the moisture. Because of the same reasons, the bamboo pillow functions as a useful absorbent of sweat from the sleeper!
Stays Cool Throughout the Night:
There are micro-holes and micro-gaps in a bamboo pillow as mentioned earlier. Due to these micro-structures, the bamboo pillows have a natural ventilation system. This feature allows them to regulate your body temperature by keeping you cool all night long. The bamboo pillows happen to be highly breathable because of this feature. Also, bamboo has a greater cooling effect as it is a natural fiber.
Additionally, the micro-structure nature of the Bamboo pillows also traps warm air in the fiber during a cold season. This means a bamboo pillow user will remain warm even under cold weather.
Bamboo trees are fairly pro-environment in the sense that they grow naturally without the use of any chemicals or fertilizers. Unlike most plants, the bamboo can grow with even a little amount of water. It is one of the reasons why bamboo trees are planted in areas where water is scarce and other plants cannot grow there. This amazing ability of these trees makes them highly sustainable as well as environmentally friendly.
Offers Great Health Benefits:
The bamboo pillows have certain traits that make them highly unique and distinct from the rest of the trees and plants. They have, for example, hypoallergenic nature, have micro-structures, and they carry effective antimicrobial properties. These virtues make bamboo trees highly important for people with respiratory ailments. Therefore, the bamboo trees are considered one of the most pro-health options. Also, because of these features, bamboo materials offer greater security against respiratory diseases such as asthma.
Helps in Reducing Snoring:
Though bamboo pillow will not cure your snoring problem yet they can definitely help reduce your snoring. The bamboo fibers happen to be fairly comfortable, soft, flexible, and breathable in nature, which allows the pillow to adjust to your specific sleeping style by adapting to your sleep posture. In return, this will end all reasons that cause snoring such as neck pain and insufficient air circulation.
Offers Adjustability to Every Sleeper:
The bamboo pillows come with excellent memory foam. The best feature of this foam is that it has the ability to adjust to the contour of your neck, shoulder, and back, thereby favoring every type of sleeper.
Mostly, the bamboo fibers have been shredded to become pliant to the needs and requirements of the users. Therefore, this feature will allow you to adjust the pillow as per your unique needs comfortably regardless of whether you are a stomach sleeper or side sleeper!
Can be Your Travel Companion:
These pillows are very easy to compress. For this reason, they are ideal for traveling as you can comfortably fit them into your luggage. It has memory foam that can be flattened. By tightly rolling a bamboo pillow, you can carry your favorite full-sized pillow with you wherever you are traveling to, and the best part is that it won’t take much space!
Wide Range of Dimensions and Adjustability:
Bamboo pillows are more specialized pillows. That is why they come in different sizes depending on the manufacturer’s specifications for comfort rather than industry standards. Industry measurements have their own standards and sizes of pillows. Most of the bamboo pillows observe these guidelines so that they could be fit inside your store-bought pillowcases.
The loft or height of a pillow, when kept on a flat surface, depends on what type of fill has been used within it.
Cons of Bamboo Pillows:
Now that you are familiar with the benefits and features of bamboo pillows, it only seems fair that you should also have a look at their downsides.
The memory foam filling in the bamboo pillows is a man-made material which is enclosed in a tight package. They cannot breathe. Consequently, it leads to an emission of an off-gassing odor. But once you start using the pillow, the smell will fade as air circulation starts.
A Little Heavy for a Pillow:
You may find it shocking that the memory foam filling in a bamboo pillow is quite heavy. However, despite this heaviness, the pillow comfortably and easily gets conformed to your body.
Not So Washable:
It is bad news that the memory foam fillings can easily break during the washing. That is why it is recommended that you should avoid washing the pillows unless there’s an absolute need to do so.
If you need to clean the pillows, the best way to get it done is by using a dryer. This would freshen the pillows.
Takes Time to Adjust:
Whether yours is an adjustable or a non –adjustable bamboo pillow, they will both take time to adjust as per your needs. You will need to remove and refill the filling several times in adjustable bamboo pillow unless you become comfortable with it.
The non-adjustable pillow requires some time to adapt to your body’s sleeping posture. Eventually, however, it will simply sit and adjust just the way you want it.
Can Lose its Loftiness Over Time:
The more you use it, the faster your pillow will lose the loftiness. However, there’s no need to worry about it. The bamboo pillow can be easily re-fluffed. To do that, you can either use your hand or you can place it in the dryer for around 15 minutes.
Who Should Buy A Bamboo Pillow?
The benefits of bamboo pillows highlighted above make them a sensible and solid choice for everyone. A bamboo pillow could be comfortable and can provide excellent support as you sleep. However, you should especially get a bamboo pillow if you fall in any of the following categories.
- You are a light sleeper who gets up easily even to a light noise
- You are suffering from chronic pain in the back and in the neck
- You have insomnia
- Your body temperature tends to become warm as you sleep
- You have skin allergies and skin irritations
1. WonderSleep Premium Adjustable Loft
- [SET OF 2 PILLOWS] Adjusted Comfort – Wondersleep’s pillow features shredded memory foam filling that provides therapeutic relief for all sleepers. Add and/or remove foam filling to find the perfect comfort level and enjoy a personalized sleep experience.
- Safe and Sound – Featuring premium fabric to ensure your pillow stays cool and luxurious through the night. The pillow is made from 100% shredded memory foam, providing personalized support to your head, neck and shoulders, relieving pain and enhancing your sleep.
- Easy to Use – To decrease firmness of pillow, remove foam filling and adjust to your sleeping comfort. To increase firmness of pillow, add additional foam filling OR fluff pillow and redistribute the filling.
- Limited 1 Year Warranty – Includes guaranteed one year warranty for your pillow from WonderSleep to protect against defects.
RMR Readers will get the best price available with our link below
2. Handua Queen Size Bamboo Pillow
- PERSONALIZED FILLING FOR COMFORT: The Shredded Memory Foam of our pillows can be removed or added to adjust the pillow’s height, volume, and Fluffiness (soft, medium, firm), perfect for kids, young and adult. Our Memory Foam will contour to the unique shape of your neck, head, and face for a comfortable support while napping or sleeping. Not all shredded memory foam cushions on the market have an easy zipper opening on the liner. You can easily customize to your desired size.
- REMOVABLE & WASHABLE BAMBOO PILLOW CASE WITH ZIPPER: Pillow cover made from Natural Bamboo-Derived Rayon, the pillow offers natural, hypoallergenic properties that discourages the growth of odor and bacteria and also protects the pillow against dust, mite & other allergens. The zippered design pillow cover provides an easy removal for cleaning & washing. The edge of the pillow casing has a strong inside stitching thread with one sided, invisible zipper.
- HEALTHY SLEEPING BODY POSTURE: Orthopedic design promotes proper spinal alignment, which may help provide relief for sufferers of snoring, insomnia and stress. Any sleeping positions? No worries! Our bamboo shredded pillow gives an excellent support, whether you sleep on your side, stomach, back, or lay a pillow between your legs or under your lower back. Our Cooling Pillow cradles your head and neck with therapeutic support, helping you sleep in a healthy position.
- BODY TEMPERATURE CONTROL: This natural bamboo fabric on the pillow casing traps cool air in the summer & hot air in the winter, which helps regulate body temperature and wick moisture from your body, as you get a peaceful night’s sleep. Use of shredded cross cut memory foam with blended microfibers eliminates the problem of heating up that could cause discomfort.
- 100 DAYS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Christmas is fast approaching! If you care for your friends, family or love once? Then, surprise them with this thoughtful gift of yours for holiday, wedding, birthday, anniversary, housewarming etc. We got you covered! Every purchase from us includes a hassle-free 100 days Money Back Guarantee. LOVE your new Shredded Memory Foam Cool Pillow or get 100% of your investment back. No questions asked.
RMR Readers will get the best price available with our link below
3. Hotel Comfort Premium Adjustable Memory Foam Pillow
- HOTEL COMFORT 100% Fully Adjustable CertiPUR-US Certified Memory Foam
- Ultra-Soft Bamboo derived Duvet Cover Hypoallergenic Dust mite resistant
- Easy care washable cover. Personalize adjustment for added comfort
- King Size = 30 x 17 Inches. Queen Size = 27 x 17 Inches
- 30 Day “No Hassle” Return: We are so sure you’ll love your new Hotel Comfort Premium Adjustable Memory Foam Pillows that if – For Any Reason – you aren’t completely satisfied – simply return your pillows within the first 30 days for a FULL refund. No questions asked! Guaranteed!
RMR Readers will get the best price available with our link below
In order to enjoy a good night’s sleep, you must have a quality pillow such as a bamboo pillow. Since the pillow offers you numerous amazing benefits such as being a good hypoallergenic and microbial, it is quite likely that the bamboo pillow will fulfill all your needs. For these and other reasons like moisture absorption, good breathability and natural cooling, you should buy a bamboo pillow to enjoy a comfortable sleep.