Spindle Latex Mattress Review
I was interested in reviewing Spindle since they are one of the least expensive solid latex mattress I have found out there. Spindle is a natural latex mattress. A true latex mattress utilizing latex for the entire core of the mattress vs. using a cheaper poly foam on the bottom. Spindle controls the manufacturing process from beginning to end. From how they source our materials to how your mattress is made to how it ends up in your hands: Latex provides reduced motion and noise, pressure relief, and it conforms easily to body’s curves. And, latex is known to bevery durable.
You Will Like Spindle Mattress if You:
- Are worried to buy online – Spindle’s firmness is adjustable right at home. You can change the feel to make it either firmer or softer.
- You want a good value – Solid latex mattresses are typically very expensive and are rather hard to find in retail stores because of this. Their direct to consumer approach and the fact that they make the mattresses they can sell them for less.
- Like to sleep cool – Foam mattresses can sleep warm. However, latex foam sleeps cooler than gel or regular memory foam.
- Sleep in multiple positions – This mattress can be adjusted right at home so you can find your desired firmness no matter your sleeping position.
- Are a heavier sleeper – When compared to most 10″ mattresses with poly foam cores the Spindle performs better for all body weights since the latex foam provides a much better base foam.
- Have been searching for an all natural all latex mattress – It’s rare to find this type of mattress for under $2-3000, typically once a person sleeps on this type of mattress they will for life.
- Are sick of buying a mattress every few years – All latex mattresses typically will be the longest lasting mattress design you can find on the market.
You Might Not Like the Spindle Mattress if You:
- Don’t like a true latex foam feel – If you are someone who likes more of a sinking, slower reaction time like a memory foam mattress has you might not like all latex.
- Prefer zero assembly – The Spindle comes in 3 boxes. There is some assembly (see my assembly video above) but to me what’s 20 minutes of assembly when you will have the mattress for 25 years. I did the assembly alone, with two people it will be even faster.
Spindle Bed Construction
The cover is all organic cotton. The fabric used in the mattress uses organic cotton from — depending on the buying season and availability— New Mexico, Texas, or India. Domestic cotton is the primary and preferred source, but something we cannot guarantee. The cotton is woven in mills in South Carolina. The quilt is made with eco friendly wool. The sheep are raised humanely and the wool is minimally processed without harmful chemicals. It’s all done in accordance with the Eco-Wool guidelines. Wool gatherer Carding Mill is setting the bar for responsible husbandry.
Spindle comes with 3 layers of latex. You can specify the firmness of each layer depedning on how you sleep, weight etc. You are able to layer then accordingly or change them at home if you want to change the firmness.
Spindle made with what’s typically referred to as 100% Natural Latex. They could tell you that the foam rubber that’s used in your mattress is all natural. But it isn’t. All “100% Natural Latex” is only 95% natural latex and 100% of that latex comes from rubber trees. To make the raw latex use-able in a mattress it’s typically mixed with a blend of zinc oxide, fatty acid soaps, sulfur, sodium, and proprietary ingredients essential for the vulcanization, foaming, and curing process. Even certified organic latex is produced in this fashion.
Spindle Mattress Cover
Spindle Mattress Foundation
The Spindle Mattress will work great on any solid surface. Whether you pop in on the floor, on a wood foundation/boxspring, a platform with slats or upgrade to an adjustable base, this mattress will perform great. They also a shippable foundation on the website.
SPINDLE MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
I was impressed with the Spindle for these reasons: First of all as a store owner I have always liked the feel of latex to pretty much any other foam. I had, however never slept on an all latex mattress so I was excited o try it. 1st off, I’ll start by saying I loved it. You can truly feel the durability and support. Many foam mattresses that use a poly foam core are hard to get the right feel without making the mattress to where it can easily bottom out. The solid latex Spindle didn’t have issues with that, plus you can change the firmness based on how you lay down the layers. I can see why they are hard to find in more retail settings and its because of the weight. Spindle solves this by having the layering but I can see why a store wouldn’t want to assemble them when they are selling several a month. If you go to move or anything it will be a piece of cake to unzip it and move it though. Overall, I liked the way the Spindle conforms to your curves without giving you a sinking/stuck feeling. The latex provides very good bounce and fast reaction time making it easy to adjust positions and get in and out of bed. In addition, the latex does not trap heat so those of you who get warm will have less of an issue on the Spindle.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
I prefer a memory foam mattress to latex so I was not so sure i’d like the Spindle. What I found out is that I indeed like the all latex mattress. Being a lighter person it was almost like it was able to conform to my body better than memory foam. You experience more of a floating, sleeping on air sensation compared to memory foam where you sort of sink into it. I also like that you are able to adjust the layers to make it firmer or softer. There was also no motion transfer so we couldn’t feel each other move around.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Adjustable Base Performance:
Spindle Mattress Price:
Take 5% Off Any Size With Our Link.
Current discount code when checking out. Click the button on the side for 5% of instantly!
Spindle Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 15 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – Receive 5% OFF when checking out with our links
- Made in the USA
Spindle Company Info
Spindle was founded by a 4th generation mattress maker on a mission: build remarkable mattresses and sell them at kick-ass prices, online.
Founder and President Neal Van Patten
From an early age, Neal knew he wanted to be a mattress maker. Neal grew up around people who grew up around mattresses. Mattress making is in his DNA. His dad was in the business, his great-uncle before that and his great-great uncle even before that. Things have changed a lot over the past 100 years when the mattress making began. From independent Mom & Pop stores to the biggest names in the mattress business — Neal’s been there and done that.
Take 5% Off Any Size With Our Link.
Current discount code when checking out. Click the button on the for 5% OFF instantly