TULO LIV MATTRESS REVIEW
This mattress is the latest addition to the Tulo mattress line, a brand of mattresses designed and produced by Mattress Firm. The goal of this particular Tulo product is to provide customers with a mattress that is high quality while also still remaining affordably priced.
Like the other Tulo mattresses produced by Mattress Firm, the Tulo Liv is a bed-in-a-box; that is, it is a mattress that your order online, at which point it is shipped to you in a box. These sorts of mattresses are increasingly popular for how easy the buying process is; you don’t need to spend half a day at a mattress store haggling with associates; instead you can simply order online and wait for your new mattress to be delivered.
That being said, because the Tulo brand is also owned by Mattress Firm, if you really want to try out the Tulo Liv before purchasing it, you can do so by paying a visit to your closest Mattress Firm outlet store.
In any case, because we understand how important it is to as informed as possible before making a large purchasing decision, we’ve put together this article reviewing the most pertinent aspects of the Tulo Liv mattress. We hope that this information proves useful to you for deciding whether or not
DELIVERY, UNBOXING & SET-UP
The Tulo Liv mattress will be delivered within three to five days of you placing (and paying for) your online order. Like many other bed-in-a-box products, this mattress is shipped compressed and vacuum-sealed and will arrive in a compact cardboard box.
Also, while this box is reasonably sized, it can be a bit heavy and awkward to maneuver, so it’s advisable that you get a second person to help you bring it inside and into your bedroom. And if you don’t want to ask a friend or family member to help you Tulo actually offers a red carpet delivery service that will not just carry your mattress into your home but also take away your old mattress entirely for free.
In any case, once you have the package in your room, unpacking your new mattress should be fairly straightforward and easy. Simply pull it out of the box and remove it from the plastic wrap it was vacuum-sealed in. After that, the mattress will need some time to expand back out to its full size (since it is compressed for the shipping process) but then it will be ready for you to use.
YOU LIKE THE TULO LIV MATTRESS IF YOU:
- Want an affordable mattress. If you want a high quality mattress that can provide comfort, pressure relief, and support but isn’t outrageously expensive, then the Tulo Liv from Mattress Firm is a great choice for you. Unlike similar mattress from competing brands, this mattress generally only costs a few hundred dollars at the most, making it a considerable bargain for the great qualities it offers.
- Like memory foam. If you like the feel of memory foam, then you will probably like this mattress; not only is it made entirely out of different kinds of foams, it offers all the best qualities normally associated with memory foam: body-contouring comfort, pressure relief, and support.
- Want a mattress with good temperature regulation. Unlike most memory foam mattresses, which tend to retain heat, the Tulo Liv mattress features a top layer of special LumaGel foam that features an open cell design that increases breathability and helps with heat dissipation.
- Want a mattress good for any sleeping position. If you’re looking for a mattress that can offer you great comfort ad pressure relief regardless of whether you sleep on your back, on your side, or on your stomach then this mattress would be a good choice for you.
- Want a mattress with a great trial period. Unlike other mattress brands that give you only a few short weeks to try out a new mattress, Mattress Firm offers a trial period of about four months for their Tulo Liv mattress. This generous trial period allows you to both adjust to using a new mattress and decide if the Tulo Liv actually meets your needs.
- Want a mattress with good motion reduction. Because the Tulo Liv is made out of three different types of memory foam, which is traditionally very good at absorbing vibrations caused by movement, it’s a good choice if you’re looking for a mattress that will reduce motion transference.
- Want fast shipping and delivery service. Not only will your new mattress arrive within three to five days of your original order, but you can also opt for the “red carpet” delivery service, which will entail a specially trained delivery team carrying your mattress into your home for you and removing your old mattress entirely free of charge.
YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE TULO LIV IF YOU:
- Don’t like memory foam. If you dislike the feel of memory foam for whatever reason, then this mattress is probably not the right choice for you; since it is made entirely out of different foams, if you aren’t a fan of memory foam you might be better off with a more traditional innerspring mattress that can offer more rigidity and support.
- Want a firm mattress. Because this mattress is made entirely out of memory foam and is designed to provide primarily comfort and pressure relief, it’s not the best choice if you want truly firm support; a hybrid mattress that features both foam and coils might be a better choice to meet your needs.
- Want great edge support. As with all mattresses made out of memory foam, the Tulo Liv does show signs of having not the best edge support; if you’re someone who sleeps right on the edge of the bed (or sits on the edge of the bed for extended periods of time) then this mattress might not be right for you (since extended pressure on the edges will break down the mattress).
Because the Tulo Liv mattress is made entirely out of different types of memory foam, it is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a mattress that’s great for reducing motion transference (the phenomena that occurs when movement n one portion of the mattress spreads, potentially disturbing any other occupants in your bed).
Overall, the thick base layer of the mattress in combination with the middle transition layer in particular are very effective when it comes to absorbing vibrations and minimizing motion transference, making this a good choice when it comes to motion reduction.
The edge support found in this mattress is about average when it comes to foam mattresses. The feel and firmness is consistent throughout the entire mattress, including the edges, but like with all mattresses made out of the foam the edges are prone to dipping down when bearing direct weight for extended periods of time.
All in all, the edge support is adequate as long as you’re not someone who sleeps right on the edge of the bed every single night; the edges of the mattress will also lose their shape more quickly if you sit right on the edge frequently as well.
TULO LIV MATTRESS CONSTRUCTION
The Tulo Liv mattress from Mattress Firm is nine inches thick in total and made up of three different layers of foam.
The top layer is an inch and a half thick and composed of a specially designed gel-infused foam. This LumaGel foam is designed to be highly breathable thanks to its gel infusion and open cell design, and it also very helpful for providing excellent pressure relief as well as temperature regulation and heat dissipation.
The middle layer of this mattress is a support layer that is two and a half inches thick. This layer is crafted out of memory foam that is specially designed to be incredibly supportive for your entire body; it will adjust to the curves and edges of your body easily, giving you custom support f no matter what size or shape you are; this foam layer also helps the mattress to adapt quickly even if you move or change positions.
The third and final layer of the mattress is the base layer. Five inches thick and made out of dense memory foam, this layer serves as a strong and supportive foundation for the Tulo Liv mattress.
Additionally, this mattress also comes with a soft and breathable knit cover that helps to provide even more comfort for when you fall asleep.
TULO LIV MATTRESS COVER
TULO LIV FOUNDATION
The tulo liv will work great on any solid surface. The floor, platform slats, boxspring/foundation and they now offer an adjustable base as well.
TULO MATTRESS REVIEW (MEDIUM)
HIS AND HERS – FIRMNESS AND FEEL:
My Thoughts (Ross)
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Most memory foam mattresses are notorious for the way they retain heat, which can make you sweaty and uncomfortable in the middle of the night when you’re trying to rest. The Tulo Liv mattress, however, is different.
Thanks to the special gel-infused memory foam that makes up the top layer, this all-foam mattress is actually very effective when it comes to temperature regulation. The open-cell design of the LumaGel top layer helps to make the mattress much more breathable and better when it comes to dissipating body heat rather than letting that heat build up within the mattress.
The comfortable knit cover that the mattress is wrapped in is also designed to be breathable, which helps further with temperature regulation.
Adjustable Base Performance:
The tulo liv will work great on a base being an all foam mattress.
We understand the product reviews provided by other customers are in important resource when it comes to making a decision about whether or not to purchase a product that you haven’t personally tried before; when the purchase in question is for something an important as a mattress, reviewing consumer feedback is even more important.
Because we understand that, we’ve compiled for you here some of the more informative reviews pertaining to the Tulo Liv mattress from Mattress Firm. We hope that you find these reviews helpful for determining whether or not this particular mattress is right for your own sleep needs.
- “I bought this mattress during their Fourth of July sale due to their appealing price. At first I was really skeptical since I have not tried out the mattress in person and the whole bed in a box trend, but I have tried out their other mattresses. I took the leap of faith and absolutely loved it from the first night I slept on it. The mattress is a nice mix between medium and firm. It’s soft in all the right places and supportive and the places I need. I have lower back problems due to sleeping on poor mattresses, but the Tulo Liv have relieved me of my problems! I absolutely love this mattress.”
- “After sleeping on a mattress that was over 30 years old for the first nine years of marriage, we decided it was time to upgrade. We have slept on several foam mattress during travels, it was always hit or miss. Some too soft, some too hot, very few felt right. We did hours and hours of review reading trying to pick the right mattress, after coming across Tulo we were impressed with what we had seen, but were nervous about buying a new to market product. We decided that the price and return policy were enough to give it a try; we are so glad we did!! It is perfect! It so comfortable, our aches and pains that we were experiencing were gone, we weren’t waking each other with getting up, and most of all it wasn’t to hot or soft! We love the way it feels soft but supports us so well!”
- “I bought this mattress a month ago and I have to say it was worth the price. Firstly the delivery time was good as was the packaging. The design and feel of the mattress shows high quality and detail put into it. I like the ombre effect of the lining on the outside and it is soft to the touch. It’s a quite comfortable mattress that isn’t too squishy that I sink in it nor too firm that it makes me feel stiff, it’s just right.”
TULO LIV MATTRESS PRICE:
BEST PRICE WITH OUR LINK!
TULO LIV MATTRESS WARRANTY AND MORE
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. Typically 5-7 business days.
- Warranty – 10 Years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – Use our link above for the best price
This mattress from Tulo comes with a trial period of one hundred and twenty nights. This extensive trial period (which equates to about four months) is very generous and gives you plenty of time to both adjust to using a new mattress (many sleep experts say that it can take approximately a month for a person to adapt to sleeping on a new and differently designed mattress) and decide whether or not your new mattress provides you with the qualities you’re looking for (comfort, pressure relief, temperature regulation, and so on).
All in all, this trial period is considerably longer than that of other competing brands (who sometimes will offer a trial period of only a single month, which is not enough to both adjust to the new mattress and figure out if you like it).
Also, in addition to this very generous trial period, the Tulo Liv mattress also comes with a ten year warranty; a warranty of this length is pretty much the standard for the mattress industry, but can still be considered a generous offer since there are plenty of other mattress companies that offer much shorter warranties (or no warranties at all).
Furthermore, if you do decide that you don’t like your Tulo Liv mattress for whatever reason, the returns process is incredibly simple and consumer-friendly.