A Comprehensive Bean Bag Chair Review
Many people spend hours at the same place either working, engaging in an activity or just relaxing and there should be a casual but highly comfortable piece of furniture for them to be able to sit on for hours without getting back or joint issues. And the best part is that bean bag chairs allow you to do just that.
Bean bags are designed in a way that allows them to perfectly hug the body of the person sitting or resting on them and provide greater comfort along with excellent support.
So if you are wondering whether you should get a bean bag or not then you should consider reading this general review on the bean bags and decide for yourself.
Benefits of Bean Bag Chair:
Bean Bag offers tons of benefits that you may not get with the traditional furniture. Besides the option of using the bean bag chair for different types of comfortable sitting positions, there are a lot more benefits that you can get out of it and some of them are:
Sleeping in a Bean Bag Chair may Offer Medical Benefits:
The use of ergonomically designed furniture can prevent many health problems by providing correct sitting postures. If you stay in one place for long either to study or use a computer, you are likely to end up with headaches, back pain, joint aches, and joint pains. Some people find a bean bag is ideal if sleeping with a CPAP machine.
But by using the bean bag chair, the shape and size of your body will automatically be fitted as the chair adjusts. This type of chair not only promotes ideal relaxation but also alleviates depression, stress, anxiety and mental tensions that can lead to further health problems. Some say it helps if dreaming is disturbing your sleep.
The Bean Bag Chair is Worth the Investment:
Though you are required to replace the traditional furniture after some years, a bean bag having a high quality can even last for a lifetime. And the best part is that it doesn’t require any assembling and can be moved from one place to another simply by you carrying it.
Having a good quality bean bag chair means you will only be spending a fraction of having an office chair which means it is a wise investment especially at places where high productivity is required.
It is Environmental Friendly:
Millions of trees are chopped down on a daily basis to make home furniture and that is directly putting an impact on our environment. But bean bags are made without trees making them an eco-friendly option for people who love to contribute towards the health of our environment.
High-quality bean bag chairs have shredded foam in them as a filling, making them not only highly comfortable but also a great eco-friendly option.
Bean Bag Chair is Multi-Functional:
The chair is ideal for everyone regardless of their age, size or weight. Furthermore, it is suitable to be used in both home and office. Bean Bag chairs come in a range of sizes, colors and designs, making them perfectly blend with your whole décor.
Furthermore, you can use the bag for various purposes ranging from spending some relaxation time on it to using it for working on your laptop or doing activities like playing games. What is more important is that you are rested and can function well at work and be rested and alert to learn in classroom settings.
Easy to Clean:
There are bean bags that come with removable bags that you can just unzip and wash in machine or by hand. Unlike the wooden furniture that you clean using different chemicals and polish them to maintain their shine, you just need to give bean bag cover a thorough wash and that’s it.
Having a bean bag is also perfect if you have children in your home who can spill drinks on them or pets that can leave hair everywhere because a thorough wash will get rid of everything.
Things To Consider For Choosing the Right Bean Bag:
Though bean bags are fun and comfortable, choosing the right ones for your living room or bedroom can be quiet challenging with tons of options in the market. So to make it easy for you, we have outlined some things to consider when choosing the bean bag chair for your living space:
- Multiple Bags: You need to see whether the bean bag you are getting comes with an inside bag or not. The reason for that is that sometimes, the bag can get damaged either by an animal’s claw or any sharp object and its fill spills on the floor. But if the bag has an inner bag that has the fill, the damage to the outer bag won’t cause the fill to spill.
- Getting the Right Shape: Bean bags come in different shapes and that is why you need to make sure that you are getting the right bean bag for the right purpose. If the bag will be carried around to different places, select kids bean bag as they have smaller sizes and weight. If the bean bag is going to be used as an armchair, go for the L-Shaped models. If you are getting the bean bags for office or for living room, the regular shaped bags will do just fine.
- The Fabric of the Bag: The fabric of the bean bag chairs often come in either artificial leather or the soft polyester. If you have pets at the home, consider getting the artificial leather bags because they are easy to clean, more durable and can also be used outdoors.
- Beads in the Bag: The filling of the bean bags come in different materials such as buckwheat, fire retardant polystyrene beads or ground polystyrene foam. Bag with buckwheat filling can be quiet heavy and ground polystyrene can wear out pretty quickly. So that leaves us with fire retardant polystyrene beads that are not only very comfortable but also airy, light and compression resistant.
- Zippers and Stitches: The bean bag can have either stitching or zipper and it is up to you to select the right one according to your needs. What we suggest is that you get the bag that has a doubled stitched inside bag and the stitches should be very strong so that they do not tear apart when they receive pressure from your weight. And as for the outside cover, go for a zipper so that you can take it off whenever you want and wash it to keep your bean bag in neat and clean condition.
So these are a few things that you should keep in mind if you are looking for a good quality bean bag that is ideal for you and can last for years.
Consider your other sleeping options:
3. If you’d sleep better in a water bed.
4. If sleep warmer helps, buy the best space heater.
5. Some people simpy need a better mattress if heavy.
Tips for Purchasing Bean Bags Chairs Online?
Tons of brands have come to the market over the past few years and most of them claim to sell the best bean bags in the market at very cheap prices. But the truth is that the material and fill of their bags are according to cheap price they offer. And since you are going to be dealing online, you need to be extra careful so that you get the highest value out of your investment. So for that, we will provide you with some tips to make sure that you get a total bang for your buck when purchasing the bean bag online:
Look For Customer Reviews:
This is the first thing that you should be looking at when hunting for the perfect bean bag because brands may lie, the users of the products won’t! So check the reviews of the products on Amazon and see what people are saying about a particular mattress. If you find most of the people satisfied with their purchase, then you can consider going for that specific bag.
See how the customer service of the brand is like. Are they replying fast enough? Are they polite? Are they professional? Are they able to clear your concerns? If the customer service of the brand possesses these qualities then that is a big plus because you may need to contact the brand several times before placing the order, when you have placed it and once you get the product.
Should Have Acceptable Return Policies:
Though you don’t have to plan on returning the bean bag before ordering it, if you still find something unsatisfactory about the product once you receive it then you should be able to return it. Many brands don’t offer product returns so make sure that the brand you are going for has an easy and fast return process.
If you are really wanting a better mattress, check out sales opportunities:
Over to You:
So these are a few things that you should keep in mind when getting the bean bags to ensure you get the maximum value out of your investment. Getting the bean bags, especially when you have never used them before might seem like a little odd, but honestly, if you get the best one, you will not leave it for hours.
The comfort, relaxation and proper support that bean bags provide are excellent, and people who spend long hours sitting at the same place should definitely consider getting one.
One we recommend:
- FUN FOR EVERYONE: A great size for both kids and adults, this comfy bean bag is the perfect furniture addition to any basement, family room, dorm, or bedroom whether as a gaming chair or a study spot
- OVERSIZED SACK: 60 x 60 x 34 inches – Collapse into a seat that loves you back and forms to fit your body; with space for two, you can cuddle close, share with a friend, or spread out to really relax
- SHREDDED MEMORY FOAM: Chill Sack bean bag chairs are stuffed with a shredded, soft, memory foam blend that is highly durable to maintain shape while increasing comfort levels for the ultimate chill moments
- COMFY FURNITURE COVER: The removable double stitched Microsuede Fiber is soft to the touch, machine washable, and resistant to stains, and discoloration for easy maintenance
- MADE IN THE USA: Made with high quality, light and fluffy US shredded foam, premium zippers, and hand selected fabrics that are double stitched for maximum strength and durability. Covers are soft, supple and sensuous to the touch. Yet it’s also resistant to stains and discoloration. It’s even machine-washable. Our Premium Micro Fiber covers are the perfect blend of comfort, ease of care and durability.
Best Affordable BIG Bean Bag
- Filled with super soft and long lasting fuf foam, re-fuf again and again for custom comfort
- Covered in soft, durable fabric
- Great for basements, Bedrooms, dorm rooms, or even the family room
- Available in assorted sizes, colors and fabrics
- Ships in a box the fraction of its size, and expands fully over the course of 7 days