Zyppah Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece Review [Unbiased]
The role of sleeping in daily life is as essential as eating or drinking. You give one-third of your 24 hours to this activity daily. Scientists have proved that sleep has an important relation with almost all parts of your body. Whether it is your nervous system, skeletal system or muscular, sleep is must for the survival.
In simpler words, sleep acts as a scavenger for your body toxins. It cleans unnecessary chemicals from the body. But there is a condition for that. It should be quality sleep without any distributions. Interrupted sleep will not get you much health benefits of sleep.
Out of a thousand nuisance factors, people voted for snoring to be the top of all. Snoring is seen in a humorous paradigm. Someone said;
“Since a man cannot speak in a high pitch with his wife so God allowed him to snore at night.”
Click below for the best price
Why Do People Snore?
The truth behind snoring is not as funny as we believe. Researchers did extensive studies and deduced multiple causes plus solutions to deal with snoring. Many brands introduced products to stabilize snoring. Here you will know about a brand that offers solutions for this problem.’ Zyppah’, it makes anti-snoring mouthpieces.
A survey from NCBI deduced the percentage of snoring men and women. According to them; 28% of women and 44% of snore habitually. The rest of them snore out of obstructive sleep apnea.
Snoring is caused by the vibration of upper air passage when you breathe in. It is not a disorder but it is the sign of mild illnesses in the body. There are five types of snoring.
- Nose: If the nasal passage is obstructed or nostrils are clogged, then the person inhales from the mouth, and it makes noise.
- Mouth: When the mouth remains slightly open, and the lower jaw bone is in rest. This situation results in the making of irregular sounds while breathing.
- Tongue: In this case tongue suppresses the back of the mouth from where the air passes and it gets noisy.
- Palatal flutterer: Palate separates the nasal and oral wind passages. If it resonates, the sleep becomes noisy.
- Multi-Factorial: it is the blend of all the types mentioned above.
Anti-snoring mouthpieces do great in getting over these. Zyppah has an anti-snoring mouthpiece that helps in minimizing or even eliminating the sound of snoring.
What is Zyppah Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece and How Does it Work?
Zyppah offers two types of Anti-snoring devices that aid in minimizing the snoring effect.
- Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD): It controls the mandible and inhibits the tongue and the soft tissues from blocking the airway.
- Tongue retaining device (TRD) or TSD (tongue stabilizing device): It resists the tongue from obstructing the throat to continue smooth breathing.
Zyppah anti-snoring mandibular device is designed for the sleepers who sleep on their back due to which tongue suppresses the passage of air. This device is a great aid for tongue and multifactorial snoring types.
The Jawbones are also known as upper and lower mandibles. The devices are designed to apply some pressure on the jawbone to keep it on the appropriate place with the tongue. It displaces the bone a bit forward so that tongue can match its motion with jaws during inhalation.
Pros and Cons of Using Zyppah:
- Its hybrid design is effective in the movement of the jaw to hold the tongue from moving.
- The composition is BPA free, non-poisonous with no latex.
- Smooth ventilation.
- Dentists approved the designs for sleep apnea patients.
- Custom fitting that works great for a bite-and-boil design.
- People with dental problems may face issues.
- Takes time to adjust within the tongue elastic component.
- Jaw-soreness observed in a few cases in the beginning.
- Some dribbling is natural with MADS.
Review of Key Aspects of the Zyppah Anti-Snoring Mouthpiece:
Here is the guide to sneak in the world of Zyppah anti-snoring device. See the details of this device from its construction, performance, color availability (found in 5 colors with back and green by default) and of course price and maintenance.
Zyppah anti-snoring mouthpiece is available with two options. One is a mandibular option and Zyppah anti-snoring mouthpiece the second is tongue resting option that is TRD this feature categorizes it in the type of hybrid device.
Construction and Material:
It is mainly composed of FDA approved plastic. This plastic doesn’t possess latex. It doesn’t contain BPA and toxins. Overall it is entirely safe to keep in mouth. Soft rubber is involved in TRD construction.
Generally adult mouths are similar in size but the value of their bite varies from person to person. Zyppha has one size that gets fit easily to all mouths. But Zyppha’s size differs from the others; it is comparatively smaller than other brand’s mouthpieces.
Easy Boil-And-Bite Option:
Zyppha is customizable. It has the property of boil and bite. Through this technology you may boil the product and then bite it to adjust according to the size of your mouth. It stays there with no trouble. Repeat the procedure if you face any issue while fitting it. A few users did the same at least thrice to get it fixed.
Customer feedback told that it helped a lot of people and in some cases it eradicated snoring in a short period of time.
Potential Side effects:
In the beginning, a couple of people suffered from jaw soreness. Some of them reported heavy drooling, but it diminished with the passage of time.
No Breathing Issues:
No complaints were registered about the problem in breathing. Since the mechanism of keeping the jaw in slightly forward direction keeps a person from having issues regarding inhalation.
Easy to Maintain:
For longer life of the product one should dip the mouthpiece in antibacterial tablets like Efferdent (denture cleaning tablet) to protect it from germs and dirt at least for 5-10 minutes once a week.
If you are suffering from dental problems like having braces or lose dental bridges then this mouthpiece is a big no for you. It doesn’t perform well in mouths with dentures.
Bruxism Can be a Concern:
Since it lies between your jaws so it has to play an extra role towards bruxism. So the people with extra bite power might spoil the product easily.
90 days is the warranty plus return and exchange period. Other brands only give warranty of 30 days.
If you compare it with other brands, they have prolonged durability whereas Zyppah’s average is 9 to 12 months that can be exceeded if handle gently.
Zyppah offers the price of $125.85. But the selling price is $99.95. This is a typical price of a good quality anti-snoring mouthpiece.
How to Use Zyppah Mouthpiece?
Things You Need:
- Mirror with support Zyppah anti-snoring mouthpiece
- A plastic/metal fork or spoon
- Bowl of under boiling water (200 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Some paper Towels
Zyppah has a standard size of mouthpiece. Since its boil and bite in nature so it will adapt the shape of your mouth. Follow these steps.
- Unwrap Zyppha’s mouthpiece from its safety cover.
- Soak the mouthpiece into the hot water nearly 30 seconds.
- Keep it soaked with the help of fork or spoon in a complete dipped position.
- Bring it out with the help of fork or spoon from its elastic piece side. (without touching it with fingers)
- Now from the front/elastic side, put it into your mouth.
- Identify the side by the name of the brand. The bottom side has the name written over it.
- Hold it on the lower jaw to settle for a few seconds.
- Now bite into the mouthpiece by moving the jaw a bit forward.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Remove and soak in cold water to retain the shape.
That is it! You now have a Zyppah mouthpiece fitted in your mouth. Enjoy a snore-free night!
We hope that you found all the desired information here. We have tried to cover the highs and lows with every minute detail a person could look for before ordering it. Zyppha’s hybrid device will benefit you in many ways but keep its few cons in mind as well so that you don’t get last minute surprises.
From making to fitting. From purchasing till warranty. From unwrapping to fixing. This guide tells you a lot of things. Now all you need to do is to get the product, kiss goodbye to snoring and help your partner sleep without the interruptions of your snores.