Save $125 & get 2 Pillows FREE off with our link below & Code Insiders125
Save $100 OFF with our link below. No code needed
Nectar Vs Leesa | Mattress Comparison
Nectar hit the scene in 2016 and rapidly became one of the top online brands. What is above average on the Nectar is the build, quilted gel, a Hi Core Memory foam as a transitional layer vs just a poly foam layer. The above average foam core. It uses a 2.2PCF vs the industry average 1.8. From a store owners standpoint, you can expect this mattress to hold up very well.
In addition, the 365 night trial and Forever Warranty are very impressive.
Leesa is one of the most sought after online brands thus far in the Uk and USA. Leesa is an all foam mattress. Leesa uses Avena foam on the top layer which is convoluted and aerated, both aid in cooling. Avena has a similar feel as latex. Next they use a layer of memory foam for additional support and body conformance. They have built a quality mattress with a good medium feel that sleeps well in all sleeping positions.
Below is our full assesment of each brand. We have covered how they feel, perform and we will provide our recommendation on which brandyou might want to consider.
You Will Like
- Want a mattress will quality materials for a good price. The Nectar is one the best made mattresses we have come across for the price. Build quality, warranty, trial period and the overall feel are above average.
- Area person who likes the Tempurpedic feel. Nectar rivals the feel of some Tempurpedic mattresses but you won’t pay the hefty up-charge for the brand name.
- Sleep hot. The Nectars gel infused memory foam helped to keep the mattress cooler than a traditional memory foam.
- Are interested in buying online but worried you won’t like your choice. You get an entire year to try Nectar!
- Will be using an adjustable base. If you own or plan to buy an adjustable base at some point the Layla performs well on the base. It bends easily and lays back to the flat position once you are finished inclining.
- Value a forever warranty – Who wouldn’t!?
- Want something with a great foam core and that is more than 10″ thick
- Want a good value – Leesa comes in at a competitive price when compared to many big furniture store brands.
- Like to sleep cool – Foam mattresses can sleep warm. Leesa uses a convoluted and aerated layer of Avena foam on top which aids in cooler sleep.I did not experience excessive heat at all. Kayla is typically always cold so heat was not an issue for her either.
- Want proof of product – Leesa has thousands of 5 star reviews.
- Are looking for a mattress to fit all sleeping positions – Leesa is a good medium feel and it performed well for all of our sleeping position tests.
- Want good bounce paired with body conformance & pressure relief – The Avena foam and memory foam layer perform very well together to have a great balance of bounce/response and body conformance with pressure relief.
- Value a company who gives back – Almost all of the companies online do some philanthropy, Leesa seems to take it a step further. They have programs with 3 separate initiatives. They donate mattresses, plant trees and they support their local community.
You Might Not Like
- Are someone who prefers a coiled mattress. If you have tested foam mattresses and don’t like them, I don’t believe the Nectar will change your mind on that preference.
- Prefer a very soft mattress. Nectar has more of a medium to medium firm feel. I like to sell mattresses that start a little firmer as they will break in and get softer over time. Nectar will do the same.
- Want a firm mattress – Leesa is a medium-medium soft feel. If you prefer an extra firm mattress you will want to look elsewhere.
- Don’t like foam mattresses – If you are a spring mattress lover you may want to consider something with coils.
- Are a stomach only sleeper – Although Leesa performed well for us in all sleeping positions if you are a stomach only sleeper you may want to consider something a tad firmer.
- Are 280lbs or more – I would recommend something different if you are a heavier sleeper.
- The cover is made of Tencel fiber which is a soft and very breathable material. It sleeps cooler than cotton and helps wick away moisture.
- Top layer quilted gel foam layer. It give the mattress a unique feel and provides great pressure relief & aids in cooling
- 3rd layer that is a layer of cooling gel infused memory foam.
- The fourth layer is what they call Hi Core Memory Foam. This is a dense foam that also is great for pressure relief.
- Finally, the base layer is a rigid layer of foam for support.
- Top layer: 2″ of Avena foam. Avena is acts and feels like latex, except tests show that it is more durable. This layer is designed to provide comfort, cooling and body conformance.
- 2nd layer: 2″ layer of memory foam. This layer provides support, pressure relief, and additional body conformance.
- Bottom layer Foam Core: This layer is a foundational base for the mattress.
His & Hers Firmness & Feel
My Thoughts (Ross)
Overall the Nectar mattress is one of the best we have tested in terms of foam quality & performance, especially for the price.
What is above average on the Nectar is the build, quilted gel, a Hi Core Memory foam as a transitional layer vs just a poly foam layer. The above average foam core. It uses a 2.2 Density vs the average 1.8.
I really liked that this has a true memory foam feel but and I really like the quilt on top, It seems to hold you up just a tad more than it would just using a thin cover on top so you get that memory foam feel but not as much of a sinking, stuck feeling like you do on some memory foam mattresses.
In addition, the 365 night trial and Forever Warranty are very impressive.
As a store owner I like to sell medium to medium firm mattresses vs super soft. The reason being they will not develop body impressions as easily and therefore you will have less warranty issues down the road. I think Nectar modeled their feel based on a similar thought.
You will like the Nectar if you want that 6-7 out of 10 with 10 being the firmest. Also you need to like a true memory foam feel. It has very body conformance and pressure relief.
The Leesa Mattress impressed me for the following reasons.
A.) The overall feel of Leesa impressed me.
B.) They are one of a couple 10″ mattresses that uses 4″ of premium foams on top. Most are 3-3.5″. This makes the mattress conform to your body better and also makes it have fantastic pressure relief.
C.) It worked well in all sleeping positions.
D.) The mattress slept cool, had good motion reduction and a good combo of bounce with pressure relief.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
I primarily sleep on my side. The Nectar felt great for my hips and shoulder. It’s got a firmness to it but once you lay there for a few seconds the foam reacts and you sink in a bit and it conforms very well. Generally I like a softer mattress but this worked well for me in all 3 positions and has very good motion reduction too. You can tell it has above average foams and foam core just by laying down if you have tested many like we have. I really recommend this for anyone looking for a good deal and anyone looking for the memory foam feel.
I really liked how the Leesa mattress conformed even being lighter in weight. It was a bit softer which I like. For side sleeping it was very good for me as well. Overall Leesa is my favorite mattress we have reviewed so far. The Avena foam was very responsive and had good bounce. The motion reduction properties were very good too. Ross likes to move around a lot so that was helpful for me!
Avena foam has the same cooling properties as latex. In addition, Leesa uses a convoluted and aerated Avena layer on top. It circulates air easily. The memory foam layer also draws heat from the top layer. It never got excessively hot for us.
These mattresses are selling so fast they so they are not roll packed for very long. I think sometimes people confuse this and think that any “smell” is “hazardous”. No matter which mattress you choose you will have some element of a “new mattress smell”.
This is normal and will dissipate within a day or two.
These mattresses are made in the USA so they are not roll packed for very long. I think sometimes people confuse this and think that any “smell” is “hazardous”. No matter which mattress you choose you will have some element of a “new mattress smell”.
This is normal and latex has its own smell too, sometimes stronger than memory foam, this will dissipate within a day or two.
Adjustable Base Performance:
For These Prices Use Our Link and Code Insiders125
$100 OFF with our link, no code needed.
Warranty & More:
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. 3-6 days for shipping typically.
- Warranty – FOREVER Warranty.
- Trial Period – 365 Day Trial
- Discounts – Use our link & enter code Insiders125
- Made in China with USA Certi-pur Foams
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box generally in 1-5 business days
- Warranty – 10 years
- Trial Period – 100 nights
- Discounts – $100 OFF when checking out.
- Made in the USA
Conclusion: Both of these mattresses provide a great universal feel. They both will work good in all positions, neither sleeps hot. Leesa is a 10″ mattresses as well so if you are 280lbs or more I would consider something thicker. Both of these are good options for anyone looking for a medium all foam mattress.
The foam core in the Nectar is better and its an inch thicker. Those are my main benefits, which could lead to it lasting longer. As for feel: if you are seeking a mattress with a little more bounce, the Leesa will be better since the Avena foam is above the memory foam. If you want more of the memory foam feel with a little more body hug and pressure relief the Nectar will be better. If you are a heavy person considering the two, I would say Nectar will be better for heavier sleepers.
Jump to the Full Nectar Review to Learn More
Jump to the Full Leesa Review to Learn More