Metta Bed Mattress Review
This mattress is designed and manufactured by a company known as OMI. Made up of all-natural latex and other high quality materials, it is designed to be springy and responsive yet still supportive and comfortable.
Delivery, Unboxing & Set-up
You Like the Metta Bed Mattress if You:
- Want a springy mattress. Since the Metta Bed mattress is made entirely out of latex, it has a bouncier feel to it than other mattresses.
- Want a mattress with good temperature regulation. Because it is latex rather than traditional memory foam (which is notorious for absorbing and retaining heat), it is a great choice if you need a mattress that won’t cause you to overheat at night.
- Want a supportive mattress. Made out of firm and springy latex, this mattress is great for providing exceptional spinal support and pressure relief even if you select the plush option rather the medium or firm options. It’s also good for pressure point relief, making it a good overall choice if you want a mattress that can provide helpful support for your entire body.
- Want an all-natural mattress. Not only is the latex that makes up this mattress entirely natural and responsibly sourced, but cotton in the mattress cover is even organic.
- Need a more responsive mattress. If you change positions or move around a lot in your sleep, thicker and more body-conforming mattresses (particularly those made out of memory foam, which can sink down quite a bit once you lay down on it) can be frustrating for the way you sink into them and subsequently have trouble shifting position. With the Metta Bed mattress, this is not a problem since the all-latex construction makes the mattress firmer, more springy, and just more responsive in general when compared to other types of mattresses.
- Want to pick your firmness level. While the base layer of the mattress will always be made up of a denser latex to provide strong support and durability, you are allowed to choose the firmness of the top layer yourself (your options are plush, medium, and firm). The ability to choose your own firmness level is an excellent benefit, especially since the company will let you swap that layer of the mattress out for one with a different firmness level if the one you picked originally is not right for you after all.
- Want minimal off-gassing. Because it is made from all-natural materials, this mattress doesn’t have the same off-gassing problems that many online mattresses do these days. Instead, the only odors you will smell when unpacking this mattress are the ones given off by the plastic it is wrapped it (and even those scents will be very faint and dissipate quickly).
You Might Not Like the Mettebed if You:
- Don’t like latex mattresses. If you don’t like the bouncier feel that a latex mattress provides and would rather have something that conforms to your body like memory foam, then this mattress is probably not a good choice for you.
- Don’t want to spend too much money. While the Metta Bed mattress undoubtedly possesses some excellent qualities and can provide you with an outstanding sleeping experience, there is no denying that it comes with a hefty price tag. Therefore, if you either don’t want to spend a lot of money on a new mattress (or even if you simply cannot afford to spend much money right now) this might not be the right choice for you.
Comfort & Feel
This mattress is available in three different firmness options: plush/soft, medium, and firm. That being said, because this mattress is made entirely out of latex, it is going to be more responsive and springy than other types of mattresses (such as ones made out of memory foam) regardless of the main firmness level.
In any case, there are some notable differences between the three firmness levels, and you should consider your options carefully before selecting one type over the others.
The plush option is softer than the other two firmness levels, with a top layer that most people say feels less dense by comparison. Generally speaking, this firmness level is best for side-sleepers, since the softer firmness will help you get the support you need without putting too much pressure on your hips, back, and joints.
The medium option is the most popular of the three firmness choices, and is a great choice if you want a mattress that is not too soft, not too hard, and offers a great combination of both comfort and support. It’s also a good choice no matter what position you sleep in (on your back, on your stomach, or on your side) since it will contour to your body shape while still providing adequate support while you rest.
The third and final option for the Metta Bed mattress is the one with a firm feel. This option is, by design, firmer than the medium and plush options with stronger support. This extra firmness makes it ideal for stomach sleepers, since it will help you maintain proper posture and spinal alignment when sleeping. It’s also a good choice if you weigh more and need a mattress that will support your weight comfortably.
All in all, with three firmness options to choose from, it shouldn’t be too difficult to pick the right Metta Bed mattress for you individual sleep needs.
Because this mattress is made out of latex, which is by its very nature springy and bouncy, it is not quite so great at reducing motion transference as mattresses made out of other materials such as memory foam (which is a material better-suited for absorbing the vibrations caused by movement (such a getting in and out of bed or changing position in the middle of the night).
Therefore, if you are a very light sleeper who is easily disturbed by movement at night, this might not be the right choice for you; the motion transference with this mattress is nothing too terrible, but there is no denying that the latex is too bouncy to truly absorb all movement vibrations.
As a result, if you sleep with a partner and need something with superb motion reduction, ou will likely want to select a different mattress (perhaps a mattress made from memory foam, or at least a hybrid mattress that includes memory foam in its construction). However, if you sleep alone or don’t mind a little bit of motion transference, the Metta Bed mattress should be adequate.
Thanks to the incredibly high-quality materials it is made out of, there will be virtually no chemical fumes or odors to speak of when unpacking this mattress. It’s even Gold Greenguard certified, which means that it has met and passed the highest standards for chemical emissions. As a result, it is easy to see that this mattress is incredibly safe and environmentally friendly; if there are any odors at all when you unpack the Metta Bed mattress, it is very probably that they are from the plastic used to wrap it rather than the mattress itself.
This lack of noxious and unpleasant fumes, in tandem with how quickly the mattress expands to its full size and shape, makes ti an excellent choice if you want a mattress that will be ready for use soon after delivery (unlike certain other mattresses from competing companies that can take a full day or longer to air out and expand from the shipping process).
Thanks to the latex it is made out of as well as the thinner design, the Metta Bed mattress features very good edge support. Like with all mattresses, the edges will dip down a bit when bearing weight, but you don’t need to worry about the edges collapsing entirely or becoming broken down over time.
Overall, the mattress has a consistent firmness and feel throughout its entirety, from the middle to the edges; this consistency allows you to utilize the entire surface of the mattress without worrying about the mattress becoming damaged or causing you any discomfort. Many customers have even reported that sitting on the edges of the mattress for extended periods of time has no serious detrimental effects on the mattress, therefore making this mattress an excellent choice if you want something with considerable edge support.
Metta Bed Mattress Construction
This mattress, regardless of which of the three firmness options yo choose, is seven inches thick overall, and is made up of two separate layers of Dunlop latex. Both of these layers are created out of only the best natural latex in order to provide a firm yet comfortable feeling of buoyancy to the mattress, which will offer you both support and comfort. In most circumstances, the top layer will be a firmness level of your own choice (plush, medium, or firm), while the lower base layer is made up of denser latex to provide greater support and durability.
Additionally, these two layers are separate from one another, meaning that they can be switched with each other to adjust the comfort level, or even swapped out with replacements if necessary.
The cover of the mattress is made up of organic cotton and a wool filling; both of these material help to give the mattress greater breathability and temperature regulation. Additionally, this mattress cover features a zippered edge that makes it easier to both secure and remove it when the need arises.
It is also worth mentioning that this mattress is made entirely in the United Stated, and as such is built to high standards of quality and performance.
Metta Bed Mattress Cover
Fully Quilted CoverThe Metta Bed mattress features a certified organic, fully quilted zipper cover made by quilting two layers of woven organic cotton fabric together with wool fiber fill. Quilting prevents the wool fiber fill from shifting over time, ensuring a smooth and comfortable sleep surface for the life of your mattress.
Metta Bed Foundation
The Metta Bed will work great on any solid surface. The floor, platform slats, boxspring/foundation and they now offer an adjustable base as well.
METTA BED MATTRESS REVIEW
His and Hers – Firmness and Feel:
My Thoughts (Ross)
The Morphiis is a very interesting design. In a good way, especially for the online market where you are not trying the mattress first. The fact is, no matter what you like you should be able to achieve the feel with this mattress. Not everyone will probably like messing around with it but for those who are not sure what is right for them or have been through a few mattresses trying them out, this is a great option. Most people will find the perfect sweet spot for themselves. One thing you will need to like an all foam mattress feel. If you are after a hybrid or innerspring you will not probably like the foam feel.
Her Thoughts (Kayla)
We did not need to do much adjusting to find a nice medium to medium soft feel that we both like. It was easy to adjust and its am impressive feature. The overall design, feel and performance of the Morphiis was impressive and I would recommend this to anyone just not sure what is right for their body.
1 Very Soft
1 10 Very Firm
Thanks to being constructed out of latex, which is known for being better for temperature regulation and ventilation than other types of mattresses (especially traditional memory foam), this mattress is a great choice if you want something that will be better at staying cool while you sleep.
The thinner design of this mattress also helps in regards to temperature regulation, because there is simply less material present to absorb and retain heat.
Furthermore, the cover of this mattress is made out of cotton, which is renowned for its moisture-wicking and overall breathability.
All in all, the Metta Bed mattress is a great choice if you want a mattress that will remain cool and comfortably all throughout the night.
Adjustable Base Performance:
Metta Bed Mattress Price
Save $100 With Our Link
Metta Bed Mattress Warranty and More
- Shipping – free shipping, it arrives compressed in a box. Typically 2-7 business days.
- Warranty – 20 years
- Trial Period – 120 nights
- Discounts – Use our link above for the best price
This mattress comes with a 120 day trial period that allows you to test out the mattress to ensure that it is the right choice for you; that being said, once the mattress has been opened, doing a full refund might prove difficult. Instead, the company will likely offer you an opportunity to exchange your mattress for a different one, perhaps one with a different firmness level.
Additionally, the Metta Bed mattress does come with a twenty year warranty, but this warranty does not cover all possible damages or defects. Instead, their product warranty is as follows, according to their official website:
“The company offers a non-transferable, pro-rated 20-year warranty, meaning that after 10 years, repairs or replacement will bebased on a 20/2 percentage basis. During the 11th year, customers will receive a repair or replacement credit equal to 20% of the original price. The credit will decrease by 2% each year for the following nine years. The warranty will cover depressions within latex foam products greater than 1.5 inches caused by deterioration, and physical flaws such as cracks or splits. If the defects are found to be legitimately under warranty, MettaBeds will repair or replace the product, as it deems fit.”
As you can see, this warranty is bit more strict than the warranties offered by other competing mattress brands; furthermore, since the amount the company is willing to give you for compensation decreases over time, this warranty has the potential be very dissatisfying if you do end up experiencing problems with your mattress as time goes on.
That being said, because it is made out of strong latex materials, this mattress is incredibly durable and less likely to develop defects even after long periods of use, so the twenty year pro-rated warranty will likely be more than enough, all things considered.
If you need any further information how the overall performance of the Metta Bed mattress, you don’t have look far; there are plenty of customer reviews about this mattress, both on the company’s main website and on other mattress sites as well (and we all know that the reviews of other customers are an important part of the decision-making process when it comes to buying a new product). Some of these reviews are as follows:
- “Nothing about this mattress feels anything less than high quality. The cover is beautiful and the mattress is really comfortable overall. So far so good! Looking forward to trying the pillow and comforter soon too.” – Jeff.
- “With so many of these beds in a box, it was hard to buy a bed from a website. When I found out this company, although new to the bed-in-the-box market, has been in business for over 20 years it gave me a lot of assurance. What a fabulous product. And I love that no assembly was required. We just placed another order for a bed for my 10 year old. Highly recommend them.” – Kathy.
- “I don’t usually write reviews, but I felt compelled to leave feedback about each of the products this company offers… they are just THAT good! I have struggled with back/neck pain and insomnia over the years, but these products have made such a big difference and helped me to sleep through the night! This mattress, especially, is such a worthwhile investment… the comfort is incredible and I feel good about the fact that the materials are not poisoning me (or the planet). I feel like this is one of the best steps you can take toward improving your overall well-being, since sleep has such a big impact on quality of life… I’m honestly not sure how I managed before I found this bed! I HIGHLY recommend this mattress to anyone struggling to with back/neck pain or sleep issues (or anyone who just wants quality sleep) — you will not regret it!!!” – Kiwi
As you can see, there is a great deal of satisfaction to be had from buying and using a Metta Bed mattress. Many more customers besides those whose reviews are shown here also agree that it is one of the best online mattresses currently available.
Overall, the Metta Bed mattress is an excellent choice if yo want a thinner all-latex mattress that will provide you both with comfort and support, with the added benefits of great edge support, fantastic temperature regulation, and better responsiveness when compared to other varieties of mattresses.