HOW CHILIPAD WORKS?
Manufactured by Chili Technology, Chilipad is fundamentally a mattress that features a built-in temperature regulation system which provides sleepers with both heating and cooling options.
The pad is constructed in combination with a central controlling unit called the cube. This cube is further connected to a network of silicone microtubes. Chilipad owners add cold or hot water that continues to circulate through the tubes before finally arriving at the cube. There are two ways to adjust the temperature. You can do it manually or with a wireless remote that comes with it. Owners have the option to preset the temperature in one-degree increments at anywhere from 55 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit!
The Chilipad is currently available in seven sizes. Four of these sizes are basically single-zone pads. This means they have only one cube unit and provide a single temperature-regulated surface. The other three sizes are dual-zone pads which are a fairly good choice for couples that have different temperature preferences. There was another Chilipad that was twin-size. However, it was discontinued as the demand for it was very low.
BENEFITS & FEATURES OF CHILIPAD:
- Effectively Cools You Down: You will get the incredible cooling effect from this mattress even if you are or have been a memory foam user! Despite their comfort, memory foam tends to retain a lot of body heat. Unlike that, Chilipad mattress offers an amusing and satisfying cooling effect. This feature will be specially praised by those who have been using a memory foam mattress.
- Warmth: When you are feeling too cold, the Chilipad can provide you with comfortable heating thereby single-handedly substituting electric mattress pads and different types of electric blankets.
- Settings: The Chilipad is also available in multiple dual-zone options. These zones come with separate control units for each side of the bed. While a typical standard room fan provides only one set temperature, Chilipad’s dual-zone control feature will allow both you and your partner to have a uniquely ideal sleep temperature comfortable for both of you.
- Saves Bedroom Space: Compared to typical tower fans, Chilipad has a fairly smaller size. This is the reason its control unit consumes lesser room space in most sleeping areas. As there is a 48-inch connection between the control unit and the mattress, this connection creates room space for a variety of distances. Because of these distances, those sleepers get the best benefits who want to have cooling/heating without the white noise.
Deep Sleep with Health
- Benefits: A Chilipad also assures you a deep, restorative sleep which will eventually lead to an improvement in cognition. Moreover, you will also get several other health benefits such as a stronger immune system, lesser stress, greater physical recovery, and burning fat.
You’ll Fall Asleep
- Faster: Because of Chilipad’s impressive temperature settings, you will be able to sleep faster and quickly.
Massive Value for the Buck: One of the best features of Chilipad is that it helps you save money massively! With Chilipad only 80 watts of energy is consumed on average whereas other mattresses can take up to 3500-5000 watts! This means, you will be able to save as much as $100 a month in energy costs!
PROS & CONS OF CHILIPAD:
- It offers a range of temperature options
- There are single and dual-zone pads available for your comfort
- The mattress is machine-washable and fairly easy to maintain
- Both manual and wireless controls are available
- Offers multiple health benefits and potential savings
- Compared to other mattresses, it has a relatively higher price-point
- It can be a little noisy
HOW DOES THE CHILIPAD FEEL?
The Chilipad has been designed with an aim to be maximum unobtrusive! Hence, it does have the capability to make your mattress feel a little firmer! Be mindful that the Chilipad may make noise since the water runs through the system. This noise is fairly similar to the amount of noise made by any white noise. So don’t fret, you’ll get used to it in a short time! If you’ve already been sleeping with a white noise machine, you can turn it off and simply rely on the hum of the Chilipad.
However, if you are not used to sleeping to white noise at night, there’s still a solution. You can comfortably make an adjustment with it. In terms of volume, the Chilipad is barely any different to the whirring noise of a computer fan running.
Using a Chilipad, you can easily heat up your mattress but that’s not its real benefit. Why is Chilipad actually beneficial to you is because of its ability to cool down a mattress. As hot sleepers are far too pushed for good options to get relief from hot mattress, this could be a real blessing!
As memory foams have gained popularity, sleeping hot has also become an increasing cause of concern among the sleepers!
With Chilipad, however, you receive the technology which will help maintain the cool of your mattress all night long. This means that you will be able to receive deeper, more restorative and better sleep since you will have no need to have to toss and turn all night!
No matter what category hot sleeper you are, the Chilipad is highly recommended for you. This device easily beats a fan while still allowing you to get cozy in your blanket without having to wake up in a sweaty mess!
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS REGARDING CHILIPAD:
Are There Any Factors To Consider That Might Affect Temperature Settings?
Well, yes. There indeed are certain factors that may impact how you set temperature.
For instance, factors like your bedroom temperature and your own bodyweight may keep the Chilipad from achieving the preset temperature. However, instead of having any significant impact, most of these cases result in fairly slight temperature inequalities.
Where And How Should I Position The Cube?
You should try and place the cube on a flat surface but be sure to face the water tank in upwards direction. Make sure to leave at least two feet of room for breathing on each side. If you want to place the unit beneath your bed, you can take help from risers to keep it in the place. The weight of the cube is roughly 9 pounds. Therefore, be sure that the surface is able to support this much weight. Unless you are using an extension cord, be very sure to position the cube within eight feet of an AC outlet.
Is There A Need To Treat Water Used In The Chilipad?
The use of distilled water is recommended by Chili Technology. Also, it is advised that you should add a capful of hydrogen peroxide whenever the water tank is full.
USING CHILIPAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? – HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- Step 1: Do check the packaging to ensure that every component is accounted for. The package will generally include a mattress pad, a cube control unit for single pads and two cubes for dual zone pads, a remote control, a drain key, the manual, registration card and warranty
- Step 2: Place the pad on your mattress
- Step 3: See if there is any trace of water in the tank. This step will tell you that the product has passed the quality control test before being packed.
- Step 4: Find a flat surface in the bedroom on which you will place the cube and be sure that space has at least 2 feet of uninterrupted airflow on all sides.
- Step 5: Connect the cube to the pad with the help of a connective hose attachment. Note, however, that the extension hoses no longer come with the package.
- Step 6: Use the nearest AC outlet to plug-in the cube unit
- Step 7: Unscrew the cap of the water tank and fill the tank with distilled water
- Step 8: Now turn the cube control unit on
- Step 9: Add a cap of hydrogen peroxide to the water tank
- Step 10: Use the manual controls on the cube unit or remote control to set the temperature to the desired setting.
- Step 11: Wait for around 15 minutes so that your Chilipad can reach the desired setting of temperature.
HERE’S HOW TO CLEAN THE CHILIPAD:
- Step 1: Add a capful of hydrogen peroxide into the water tank. Before that, set the temperature to 23.9 degrees Celsius by turning on the cube unit. Don’t put back the cap until the peroxide has cleaned the system. When bubbles disappear from the surface, the cleaning is done.
- Step 2: You can wash the mattress into the machine. However, remember to secure the host extension with a rubber band to prevent tearing. Make sure to wash the pad in cold water.
WHO SHOULD BUY THE CHILIPAD?
- Single sleepers and couples who face temperature-related troubles during the sleep at night
- Homeowners who want to save money on heating and cooling bills
- Pregnant women and others with medical conditions leading to excessively hot or cold sleeping